Possible to add multiple audio tracks with inputs assigned??

I record a lot of audio with multiple mic positions.

I’m trying to figure out a way to make that more intuitive as I work.

For example, let’s say I want to record some electric guitar using 2 close mics, a room mic, and a DI and the inputs to the mics are always the same. I know that using mediabay I can save a group of tracks named with various inserts. But…I can’t get inputs to save.

It would be very helpful if I could drag and drop my tracks in with the correct inputs assigned, is there a way to do this??

Presets perhaps, or templates?

I don’t remember the exact details, but I’ve seen it a Cubase course I took.
I think it was using one of the modifiers (alt/ctrl/shift) when selecting the input source of a track with multiple tracks selected.

Maybe you could ‘hide’ them (or sets of channels for different porposes) somewhere in a folder>>in a folder in your basic template, with or without plugins and other settings, as you can easyly recal this later…duplicate the folder/channelsets you need, and eventualy recal the settings you like from mediabay…

Create a track archive of your default channels and import desired channels from there.

Thanks everyone for the replies!

It looks like creating a track archive of what I want to be able to add quickly with specific inputs is the way to go.

Very helpful!

Thanks again.

-Nate