Possible to do a batch system break for every measure?

I’m making some chord recognition flashcards, and so I’m creating chords in Dorico and then exporting and slicing the image in photoshop. I want them in the format of one 1/4 bar (with the time signature hidden) and only one bar per line. Is there a way to put in all the chords and then mass select everything and make a line break for each measure?

The final output needs to look like this:

No. Probably quicker to create a whole pile of flows (which you can do pretty quickly from the Project Info dialog).

Would using Layout Options > Staves and Systems > Casting Off set to 1 measure per line (and then narrowing the Master Page music frame) help in this circumstance?

That’s a good idea. I’ll try that for next time. I ended up going down a rabbit hole of creating a custom default page and shrinking the size of the frame, but it didn’t work right because of various widths depending on the key signature. So I just manually did the system breaks. (hey, there ended up only being 160 of them! :laughing: ) Your way should be great because then I can just reduce to the largest width and everything else will cast off.

@pianoleo the tons of flows thing I did first but it is too unwieldy because I want to be able to make edits and modulations and as far as I can tell you can’t do that across flows.

1 Like

There is a command to navigate to (and select) the next barline. If you give it a key command, then you could script System Break, and move to the next barline. Repeat ad nauseam.

2 Likes

Wow, I’ve never noticed this command. Great tip!

Nice! Thanks, I haven’t really dug in to the scripts yet.