Post Editing Workflow

Hi,

I mainly use the Range Selection Tool for editing. Is there a way to select an event and change the volume? How can I mute events? I tried the combined tool several times but it is just not working for me, so I have to change the tools for volume or muting. What is your workflow for Post editing?

@User2000

When using the Object Selection tool to select events, try assigning keyboard shortcuts to ‘Decrement Event Volume’ and ‘Increment Event Volume’ in the Key Commands.
Or if you must do this using range tool selections use Direct Offline Processing / Processes / Gain

When using the Object Selection tool to select events, press Alt + M (or simply use the Mute tool).
Or if you must do this using range tool selections use Direct Offline Processing / Processes / Silence

P.S. if you’re looking for an easy way to select whole events using the range tool, simply double-click on the event with the Range tool.

Is there a way to do that and stay with the Range-Tool? Or can i assign object selection to the right mousekey?

agree, it doesn’t work for me neither, I tried with PLE but no success…

Not really sure precisely what ‘that’ you are referring to. If you are suggesting changing the event volume by selecting it with the range tool then the answer is no.

But as suggested by Pablo, you can most likely achieve what you need with PLE. No more time to spend on this right now but if you give a highly detailed step-by-step explanation of the precise workflow you are aiming for, somebody here may be able to help you.

Thank You.

Well actually you can change the volume with the range tool. Just click on the event and use your key command for “Increment/Decrement Event Volume” and the whole event will be changed. If you want just the selected range to change then you have to hit your key for “Audio - Split Range” first.

Cheers!

1 Like

Nice! That works. Unfortunately it won’t work with the mute event key command.

Thank You