Post-fader plug-in's routing gets lost in multi-channel tracks

Any news on this issue? I just stumbled across that old bug again :-/

silence continues as if this issue donā€™t exist

Dietz,

Tried this with a few Waves plugins (REQ2, RCompressor, etc ā€¦) , and I can not duplicate the problem as described.

Fredo

Would you mind to share a few screenshots? It happens consistently here, 100% reproducible.

Windows 10, Nuendo 11.0.30

Try this with a Group-track, please.

20210908_162842

Nope.
Tried it on a 5.1 track.
a 5.1 group
an Auro 10.1 track
and an Auro 10.1 group.

Routing is preserved.

Fredo

But you have seen the animated GIF above, havenā€™t you?

Yes. But I can not reproduce the behavior. So something else must be happening here.

Fredo

Any ideas what to watch out for? Thatā€™s an empty project, created from scratch (not even from a template).

Are you using Control Room?

Honestly, no idea.
I do use Control Room, but canā€™t see how that could be related.

Fredo

Total longshot, but since it seems like settings arenā€™t sticking when reverting after saving, could you try to do more things before saving and also take a look a the file in the finder to make sure it actually saves properly?

Thanks for the suggestion, @MattiasNYC . I did that kind of troubleshooting already. Thing is that all other data (including pre-fader routing!) is recalled as expected. I donā€™t use post-fader multi-channel inserts that often, but thereā€™s always a very good reason when I have to do so - which makes the whole matter even more toilsome.

It was just a wild guess, because Iā€™ve seen Nuendo react differently with or without Control Room when it comes to re-loading Projects.

Just to make it perfectly clear: This happened on different machines, different OS, using different versions of Nuendo, without any ported templates or the like.

Dietz,

Seems your initial repro is not correct.
As said, I have tried this in all possible ways, so did Martin.

But ā€¦ looking in detail to your video, you do something completely different.
You are using ā€œRevertā€ instead of closing and reopening the project.

So I can reproduce when using ā€œRevertā€.
But I think this is normal behaviour, since these kind of actions in third party plugins are not beging recorded by the Undo History. I THINK this is the explenation. (havenā€™t had the time to test)
Will file a bugreport, but I have a strong feeling that it will come back as ā€œas designedā€.

Fredo

Thanks, Fredo.

Just to avoid any confusion: I used the ā€œRevertā€-command only to make the procedure as fast and obvious as possible for the screenshot. Of course the issue also appears in case of re-loading Projects on the next day, on a freshly booted machine.

From earlier post from me:
ā€œI use ARC2 for room correction to finalize my room acoustics.
As it is stereo only I have 3 of those on CR inserts. One for L/R, one for C/LFE and one for Ls/Rs. Not perfect solution but worksā€¦
Upon opening a new project I always have to first route these right and then select correct settings.ā€

Hmmmā€¦ Strange that I can reproduce it with ā€œRevertā€ and not by simply closing and opening the project.
The only thing I havenā€™t tried is closing Nuendo completely.
I just closed and reopened projects.
Will try to do that when I find 5 minutes.

Greetz
Fredo