Post your Cubase 12.0.xx Crash Dumps

Hi,

Do I understand you right, if you delete the preferences folder, it starts with no issue for the 1st time, but it crashes during the 2nd start?

Oh sorry no, only 10.5 works fine everytime but C12 crashes everytime

And C11 doenst work too…only C10.5 works. C 11 worked till I used C12. But now C11 crashes too.

Hi,

Does it mean Cubase 12 doesn’t start even if you delete the preferences?

Cubase 12 and new sessions (which I start now) start normal but all “old” session made with Cubase 11 and Cubase 12 before June 10th are unable to start without crash in Cubase 12. With Cubase 10.5. all these sessions even the one which were build with Cubase 12 work without any issue

Sorry I didn´t answer the question! Yes, Cubase 12 crashes even when I deleted the prefs. It workes only once when I disabled the prefs at the start this afternoon. Now even this procedure is not possible.

If you read the crash dumbs, is there a plugin which doesn´t work and causes the crashes? I think there must be the problem. I can´t recall what update (my plugins are updated every weekend) was made and causes this problem. It must be a conflict between C12 and this plugin because C10.5 works and C 12 not.

Hi,

No, there is not plug-in causing the crash.

Oh, what can I do now?

Hi Martin, I did some trying last night. All sessions can be open in C12 if I turn off the third party plugins. So I think it must be a conflict with a third party plugin. Or am I wrong?

I had a crash last thursday. I was clicking on some Superior Drummer 3 midi takes with the comp tool, poof.
Cubase 12_2022-06-23-210312_iMac.crash (185.5 KB)

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

Also getting crashes now that have made working in CUBASE impossible. Is this a new thing? Started the project in Nuendo 12. Took it home and worked on it in CUBASE 12 for a few hours with no issues. Then suddenly every project I open crashes. I gave up and recreated the project in Reaper with the same plugins and had zero issues. Very alarming. Was also getting messages about some licenses not present. Figured it was my elicenser but not sure if it is related. Hope this gets sorted.

Hi Martin,
I´m getting closer to the point. If I deactivate all Native Kontakt tracks in 10.5. I´m able to open the sessions in C 12. But when I activate those tracks in C 12 again the session crashes. There must be a conflict between C12/C11 and Natives Kontakt (newest version) on my system with these sessions. I wrote to the Native Support today too. But I think the problem can be found on both sides (Native Instruments and Cubase 12) because everything works fine with C 10.5. Would do you recommend?

I tried to deactivate ASIO-Guard and unchecked the box “VST3-Plugin-Verarbeitung aussetzten, wenn keine Audiosignale anliegen” but it didn´t help. What can I do?

Mine does that sometimes too. Cubase will not open unless the elicense is working correctly.

I have a few plugins and sound content that still need it so when that messes up I cannot open C12. I restart my computer then open elicense and if all is well C12 is fine again.

Hi,

Would you be willing to share the project (a Private Message) for further investigation, please?

Hi Martin, today I talked to Uwe Hübner from the support team and mailed him a dropbox-Link (ID “CAN-42088” ). Does this help or can you send me a mailadress where I can send you my dropbox-Link? Best regards Christoph

Hi Martin,
Uwe wrote me that this is the case where you can find the projekt folder.CAN-42088
This is the crash dumb file which is in the folder too.
Cubase 12.0.30.286 64bit 2022.6.28 9.50.37.053.dmp (1.3 MB)
Best regards Christoph

Hi @Sinfoglesia,

Thank you for the info.