Power On / Off for pan control ???

If I say anything like this I get into trouble. Thanks. :mrgreen:
I think it’s a “Look how clever I am.” post. Fail.

Happy new year and no-one better fail again. :mrgreen: As if. I’ll be first.

guys why can’t I pan a stereo track center anymore by Ctrl clicking? I haven’t been able to do this since 7.0.1. I can shift click to force stereo panned hard LR but cant move LR into Mono via any shortcut. Its driving me nuts it takes about an hour just to mouse the positions to center. :imp:

One thing we’ve actually lost within this item of unnecessary bloat is an incredibly useful feature - the ability to simply reverse the L & R channels of a stereo pair. Wanna change the perspective of your drum mix from drummer to audience? You now can’t do it using the pan control as you can’t move L to R and vice versa, you have to use a plugin. Grrr

The pan control on a channel is now twice as big as it used to be, but also half as useful. Progress.

The combined panner allows you to swap L/R, not sure why you don’t think you can. It turns orange when you switch orientation.

JMCecil thanks for that - that trick isn’t mentioned in the manual.

The manual on page 186 says

• To reverse the left and right channels, pan the left channel to the right and the right to the left.
The area between the pan controls changes the color to indicate that the channels are reversed.

Which I tried and didn’t seem to work. However I’ve re-tried it and it does work - occasionally. Seems like the clickable area of the pan bar is too small.