Pre-Gain Control Suggestion

A lot of people use the pre-gain control, and for me it’s been indispensable for years as a quick tool to get levels in the ballpark.

After using it for a couple of days here now I think it’s lost its edge…

1. You can no longer adjust it with the mouse-wheel in 1db steps… which was AWESOME!!! :nerd:
    In fact you can no longer adjust it with the mouse-wheel at all in the mixconsole. :imp:

2. When you adjust it (mostly for me at least) within the -+ 12db range… you can’t tell from just browsing the mixer if the pre gain is set to a positive or negative value until you reach about ±20db. :imp:
    The range of the pre-gain is just waaaaay to broad IMO. Does anyone ever use this beyond the -+24db points anyway??

Suggestions to change in an update…

1. Please make the gain control adjustable by the mouse-wheel in the mixconsole as before and preferably in 1db steps. :slight_smile:
  2. If not narrowing the range of the pre-gain control into a more usable one, please color code the range bar so you know if it’s set to a positive or negative value without having to look at the actual numbers please. :slight_smile:

+1 the mouse wheel is a handy tool for this!

+1. I do gainstaging to my VCC. So, very good sugestion.