pre/post configuration

You can do it on the (audio) output channels of Halion. There you will also find the pre/post cofiguration.

There are 5 types of busses in Halion 5 mixer…
How to setup a pre/post configuration in this mixer ?

Must i use a Aux bus?

Its about a orchestral arrangement in a tutorial what has reverb on all instruments and by using a pre/post fader setup I can place the instruments further or in front (like in a real orchestra where the percussion is in the back and the violins more in front )
I must try to get the same mixersetup in Halion5 mixer as in the tutorial setup with logic DAW.

There is Pre-fader send on a AUX FX 1 bus possible

A pre fader aux is sent BEFORE the volume fader ( and usually the mute)…so any volume changes made on the fader are not reflected in the send

Probably the default state of the fader is then a Post fader ?

POST fader sends are sent out AFTER the volume fader, so volume chances are reflected in this send

Page 178…

Default is post fader.

For pre fader-

Insert auxFX on slot bus channel, then press the little pre-fader button under the bypass fx button…

Thanks!

I must add a fx bus for the reverb for all instrument channels in this setup and then look at the pre/postfader state.?
There are 4 AUX FX in HAlion5 mixer, so i use one for the reverb.
What is the fader doing on every instrumentchannel (postfader) …dry and wet reverb ?

You’re welcome…

I’m sorry but i do not quite follow you…

I don’t know yet how to get this pre/postfader setup working in HALion5, that 's it
If it is …

For pre fader-

Insert auxFX on slot bus channel, then press the little pre-fader button under the bypass fx button…

Then i add a insert auxFX on the slotbuschannels and add at the top a insert reverb…thats it?
The question is now can i make a reverb placement in the mix ?

Note: the tutorial for reverb placement in the mix in logic DAW has a fx channel and all instrument mixerstrips has a reverb assigned this fx channel…if i compare this with the mixer setup in Halion5?

Thanks! , a fantastic help this video you made.
My setup was a another one than that one in your video :wink:
I did the same setup as you and with the pre-fader setting on and with some send level.
Now with fader adjustement, i get the piano sound in the back(soft)in the front(loud) of the mix.