Prefader slot

sorry…may be i m missing something
i have now opened the CR

and it seems fine
Now, for what i have understood, while i am im play mode, in the arrange window, i select the reverb track, and thgen pressin L i should listen only that track (in this case the reverb).
But wherever i am, pressin L will just start from 0 the playhead

Not the keyboard key L If you want to, you can assign a key command. It is in Category: Edit → Listen

2 Likes

With the listen dim fader, you can blend in the signal from the listen source.

2 Likes

Please be more specific and include the overall goal the next time you need help to make it easier to answer.

I though it was clear enough, i ask to be able to listen ONLY the reverb and no original sound
Then…english is not my languege, may be it wasn’t clear!

I asked you if my solution worked and you said yes, but you marked something else as the solution and it’s a more complicated way of doing things to achieve exactly the same thing.

There’s no reason for you to use a send to a group/fx track with the reverb on that group/fx (set to 100% wet) and then set the send to pre-fader and lower the fader on the source track if all you want to do is hear only reverb. You can just do as I said: Set the insert to 100% wet and leave the fader up.

So if your preferred solution is to use a send and a group/fx track then you weren’t being specific enough that’s all. Your English is totally fine, you just didn’t tell us what you needed to accomplish…

it worked because it does what i need the same way. the one i marked it is because it use the process i wanted to use, and to my eyes the process it is clearer.But it seemed it was not possibile to get because of of my bad think so your one was good anyway . Eventually with reverb they works the same…it seems at least.

1 Like

Put it like this…the second solution has given me the opportunity to better understand something about routing, which i can also use for other things but the goal, strictly is obtained with both!

1 Like

Mattias, sorry for robbing the solution, it wasn’t my intention.

I just saw the “volume to 0” part, a “mixing desk”, and I thought that Stefano just wants to do what most musicians like us do with pre fader sends on a mixing desk, which is somewhat familiar, and disperses (or should it be focuses) any abstraction of the DAW. From there, one can better understand routing, and inserts are somewhat problematic because we don’t usually use long chains of hardware effects in inserts, especially with mix knobs. The sends are right there on the desk, so it’s easier to understand.

Of course it’s not a good idea to override automation and throw faders to zero (minus infinity) just to check the wet signal, that’s why the discussion turned to listen after that, as @Greg_Purkey offered earlier.

So, what you said in the second post is truly the easiest way to accomplish this. Just saying it again, in case stefano wants to change the solution post.

It s really out of my scope this kins if competition really. THE second solution excited me as it was what i was expecting in order to prove myself i have understood about routing. This lead me to search for solution button. I did not do that before just because i did not think about. But i agree ggmanestraki, the 1st solution is probably quicker and i will use that! SO thanks to both solutions as each one give me different valued info
And yes also greg purkey is a solution, to use a different moment. THERE is no chance to mark 3 solution though!:slightly_smiling_face:Thanks to everybody!!

1 Like

No worries, just wanted to say that it’s good to specify not just details but overall goals so that all solutions can be given. I think you get your preferred solution faster that way. That’s all.

2 Likes