Preference and Key Command Edit Settings

Hi, I hope everyone has got their Cubase 11 up and running!!!

I’m just redoing my settings, I find it quite therapeautic.

But one annoying thing, everytime I go into Preferences, I have to check my Preference Presets option…is there anyway it can just come on as mine by default - same with Key Commands…just if I change a couple things, having forgotten to have checked it, and then check it, guess what, all the changes revert back… Very annoying when copying and pasting colours, and stuff…

Petty, but annoying…

If there is a setting to change this, that would be lovely!!!

Thank you (in advance).

Hi,

By default, your Cubase 10.5 preferences should migrate to Cubase 11 during the very first Cubase 11 start.

If this doesn’t happen, you can copy all files from Cubase 10.5 preferences folder to Cubase 11 preferences folder (when Cubase is not running).

Cubase Preferences folders are:
Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase X
Win: %appData% Steinberg/Cubase _X__64

Or you can export Profile from Cubase 10.5 and import it to Cubase 11.

Thank you. Though that wasn’t the question, I was wondering if there was a way of setting so everytime I edit Key Commands or Preferences, I wouldn’t have to tick the option of my settings, that it couldn’t just show my list, by default. Is not really a big deal, I now have Cubase 11 up and running with all my presets and preferences.

Unfortunately there’s no way to change that behaviour, at least I haven’t found a way…

If you are going to make changes to your own, custom made key commands or preferences, you have to activate your curent keycommand / preference preset first, then make the changes to them and when you’re done, you have to restart Cubase (don’t save the preset yet), Cubase saves all settings / changes only when shutting down.
Then aftre re-opening Cubase go back to keycommands / preferences and save them as a new preset.

This is very annoying, and time consuming but so far the only way to save your own, custom presets, without losing any changes made to them!

This gets me every time with key commands. Start making a new command and you’ve forgot to select your key command name in the drop down. Intuitively, as you’re already using your keycommands, you are right, this should be selected by default.

Area52… we don’t have to exit and restart to save a keycommand file.

You’re right about the key commands, forgot to mention it, but everything else requires a restart of Cubase, for changes to save properly, since Cubase saves changes to preferences / settings only when closing.

I took me a long time to figure out why some settings I’ve made didn’t recall properly, even though I had saved them as a preference file before exiting Cubase. :confused:

Yes I had the same issue. Especially back in the frequent crashing days. No settings saved.