Preferences and Key commands not ported with 10.5

Cubase 10 automatically ported over most settings, preferences and key commands as far as I remember. Just installed 10.5 and its a factory default situation. Same for everyone or did I do something wrong here?

seemed to import mine just fine on windows

Didn’t import mine either on my PC on windows 10, but when I installed it on my laptop (also windows 10) it DID import the preferences. Go figure.

Same problem here… even after trying a full 10.5 install. None of my Cubase 10 settings are porting over. They have on every other update I’ve done.
I’ve got a rather complicated Control Room. I’d rather not have to recreate it. Anyone know where these settings are stored? I’d like to just copy them out my Cubase 10 folder if I can. Thanks…

As far as key commands. Save a key command and it will create the key commands folder. There wasn’t a key command folder until I saved a KC and I couldn’t import my old key commands. After it created the folder I copied over my C10 key commands to that folder and they showed up in 10.5. I imagine it’s something similar for the Control Room

This is exactly what I had to do. I was baffled by how convoluted the process is to just import some saved key commands. I just shook my head in disbelief…
What is the point of saving key command settings if when you try to import that very same file it says “this is not a key command file”!?!?
Maybe address this in a future update, Steinberg? Just…maybe?

Mine didn’t migrate over my preferences or key commands. Can someone please tell me where these files are located on my PC? They should have been in my Cubase 9.5 0r 10 folder. Thanks Windows 10

Users having issues where the preferences did not import:

• Go to the folder:
%appdata%/Steinberg/

and delete or move out the folder “Cubase 10.5_64”. Do not close the Explorer window.

• Open Cubase. The software will find the “Cubase 10_64” folder and import some preferences while it stores them under the new “Cubase 10.5_64”.

Thanks Joaquin , I did exactly what you asked and it actually erased my preferences in 10.64 :frowning: back to square 1.
cheers

he said "delete or move out the folder “Cubase 10.5_64”

did you delete or move out the 10.64 folder ? NOTE THE MISSING “5” in that statement.

the devil is in the details

I had the same problem…copied everything from user settings data folder of 10 to the same folder of 10.5…chashed on startup and i had to delete the vst plugins lists so it had to scan everything again…worked fine although i had a few blacklisted plugins i had to reactivate…

I did this and it works (Thank you), but does it also remove all kinds of improvements and presets?

• Go to the folder:
    CODE: SELECT ALL

%appdata%/Steinberg/

and delete or move out the folder “Cubase 10.5_64”. Do not close the Explorer window.

• Open Cubase. The software will find the “Cubase 10_64” folder and import some preferences while it stores them under the new “Cubase 10.5_64”.

Worked for me!
I found the folders here on my win 10 system: C:\Users\PCAudioLabs\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg

If sill useful, and having been in the same situation, I solved the problem a little differently : more details in this recent thread