Preferences Disappeared!!!

Turn on my computer this morning I noticed that none of my projects were in the project assistant and then I found that all my preferences had been wiped. I have had no crash or anything untoward that I have noticed. Anyone had anything similar happen to them. Wait a minute I remember thinking that I haven’t had any issues lately - could that be it? Bad karma?

Software is bad karma :laughing:

See you have both cubase 8.5 and 9 in your signature. Have you checked both project template maps if the files are still pressent in one of them? Having two versions of cubase can quickly mess up preferences. You might want to manualy copy over from 8.5 to 9. So you know both versions use same preferences.

I actually have 8, 8.5 and 9 on my computer and I have never had an issue with preferences. The only time my prefs were trashed was after accidentally shutting down the computer with Cubase running.

Anyway I always reset and organise my prefs manually when installing a new separate version of Cubase. It takes time but I find that I have fewer subsequent problems as a result.

If you do that. You should have your prefs in one of the other versions. It should be near impossible to delete prefs from all versions at once. That would be major bad karma!