Preferences

Hi,
I’ve made the huge jump from 6.5 to 9.5 this week… I’ve loaded my Key Commands, but how do I load my Preferences without trying to remember them and loading all 50 settings again individually!!
Thanks v much… I think I might be here rather often in the next few weeks… Any other advice gratefully received.
Cheers,
Neil

Hi Neil

I think you can just copy the 6.5 preferences to the 9.5 preferences folder. I think it’s users/“your name”/appdata/roaming/Steinberg/Cubase 6.5. Or something like that. There is also a list on the steiny site of which .xml files contain which prefs, worth a look

Best Regards, Dave

Thanks Dave. I’ve looked for that folder but Steinberg have changed the folder structure and folder names! So, it’s not a straight swap.
Do you know where that list is?
Cheers,
Neil

The Location of the Preferences folders haven’t changed since 6 at least. Location as Dave said. There are now more files within the folder now.

That’s useful to know. I think MyPrefs (Cubase 6.5) is just one file that needs copying to one place in Cubase 9.5 - is this correct?

I can’t seem to find any folder which suggests it’s the correct place to place MyPrefs - the folder name / location has changed?

Thanks for your help,
Neil

No, it’s not just one file and no the location hasn’t changed, it’s still:

"C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 9.5_64" In Cubase 9.5.20 there are 36 files in that folder, there isn’t one called “Preferences” but their names to give a hint to which prefs each one holds. It may be that you only need to copy one across, depending on what it is you want to save from Cubase 6.5.

Thanks for this. What I did in the end was save my Prefs in Cubase 9.5 and a new folder called Configurations actually appeared! Then I put my old prefs file in here.
Cheers,
Neil