Prefs, key commands not imported

I’ve just upgraded from C8 to 8.5 (Win7), and my prefs, key commands and the plugin manager setting have not been imported. My presets are missing in (for example) File/Prefs/Presets.

Where are the presets for the prefs, key commands and plugin manager from C8 located, and how do I import them to 8.5?

You can open the prefs folders from your start menu - User data folders under each Cubase version.

Just copy across all or whichever files you want from 8 to 8.5 folders.

Here you can find an explanation of what files are for what preference…

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/cubase-and-nuendo-program-preferences-files-in-detail/

Regards. :sunglasses:

Grim- thanks for your help, but I’m not sure what you mean by " start menu - User data folders under each Cubase version".

I went to the start menu and typed in “user data”, but nothing relevant came up.

Where is the prefs folder?

Prock- thanks for the link. However, it states that “Preferences configuration presets” are in “\Presets\Configurations<preset name>.xml”. But there’s no Configurations folder there.

The key commands presets are where SB say they are, but my custom setup isn’t in there.

I don’t know if this was a mistake, but I installed 8.5 to the 8 folder.

However, my prefs and key commands must be somewhere, because I can access them from C8!

I don’t know if this was a mistake, but I installed 8.5 to the 8 folder.

Yes it’s a mistake…they are not the same program so should have their own install folder.

If you show all programs in your start menu and find the link to Steinberg/Cubase 8 there should be a link to the user data folder right there with it…and under that should be Cubase 8.5 and it’s user data??

I’m not an expert on this topic so these are just some thoughts to consider… it seems to me that installing CB 8.5 to the CB 8 folder may be contributing to your issue. Especially if you can’t find the preference folders for 8.5.

Maybe you can start 8.5 in safe mode and follow the options to delete the preferences. Then CB will rebuild the preference folders and you can copy the preferences from 8 to 8.5. Just make sure you copy and save the folders for CB 8 beforehand because maybe they will get deleted too.

Hopefully others will chime in here.

Edit… Glad Grim chimed in. :wink:

Regards. :sunglasses: