Presets in WL8

I haven’t had a chance to run WL8 through its full paces in my daily production schedule yet, but it looks really good.

There was mention in another thread of importing WL7 settings into WL8. I was not presented with this when I launched. All of my preferences were set up in WL7 32 but but decided to switch over and use WL8 64. I have been manually recreating dozens of WL7 settings by hand such as keyboard shortcuts. One of these in particular is keyboard shortcuts playback speed presets. This was added in WL7 (and it alone was worth the price of admission to WL7). It seems to be GONE. I use this dozens of times a day. Please tell me it was just moved to some other context menu somewhere. I can’t function without that one.

The same feature is still available:
2013-05-18_07-24-06.png
2013-05-18_07-25-33.png
But the preset system has changed for this feture. Now, you assign a preset/shortcut to the whole transport bar, and the playback speed settings are part of this.

Concerning your presets, in general, you could have simply copied:
C:\Users[YourName]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab 7\Presets
to
C:\Users[YourName]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab 8\Presets\

Thanks for the quick reply, Philippe and for the hard work it took to make WL8 a reality. I got my speed change keys set up under the new system.

I had already copied my folders earlier over from

c:\users[my name]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab 7\Presets
to
c:\users[my name]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab 8\Presets\

but WL8 keeps showing and browsing to C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\WaveLab 8\Presets\ for dialog boxes where presets are available (so my imported files aren’t showing up). Is this a function of the new Synchronization settings - Master folder? I haven’t put anything in there, as I am the only user of the software.

I assumed you have this setting both in WaveLab 7 and 8:
2013-05-18_08-40-38.png
You should better do this unless you have a specific reason.

Where do these live on mac’s Philippe?

/Users/YourName/Library/Preferences/WaveLab 7/
/Users/YourName/Library/Preferences/WaveLab 8/

I had different answers for the two. My mood must have changed in the 3 years between answering the questions. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks.