Presonus & Cubase Artist Setup

Anyone by chance using the Presonus Audiobox 44vsl? I just switched over to Cubase after using Pro Tools for the last several years. I have gone into Cubase Artist 6.5 and setup the audiobox but the one problem I am having is that I have no playback sound with headphones. All it shows is 4 line outs which does not do me a lot of good lol. When I click on Control Panel I get nothing. What am I missing?

Thanks for the help! I also reserve the right to ask many more questions as I jump into this!

I had the same problem for ages! I’m using the Audiobox 1818VSL.

I solved the problem a while ago but unhelpfully can’t remember hw. But there is hope! I’m actually hoping that like me you solved that problem yourself and might be able to help with my issue…

I have 8 outputs channels. 1&2 are the same mix as the main, 3&4, 5&6, 7&8 can all be used independetly. I have maneged to get output from channels 3,5,7 to the monitor speakers in my studio BUT have a new issue! The kids (I’m a teacher!) can hear themselves as they play live but they can not hear back their recording. This also means that they can not hear any tracks pre-recorded on cubase therefore can not over dub their work. Which is a bit useless in a recording studio!

Do you know how to get the the output channels to play both what is being recorde and has been recorded at the same time? I know it’s something to do with howe i set up the output buses but I am really confused!

Hi All,
I’m very new to the recording world. I too am using all new gear which includes an Audiobox 44VSL , 2012 Mac Book Pro and Cubase (Fullversion). Ive downloaded the newer Driver for the 44VSL & have started the process of getting into this setup.
But I cannot get a signal into Cubase. I can hear the signal at the speakers from the input of the 44VSL but nothing shows up on Cubase. so I cannot record anything as yet.
Been into the Devices and setup the interface and followed all steps into my first recording project. But that’s as far as I can go.
i know I’m doing something wrong, but can you point me in the right direction…
:neutral_face:

hi all, Just an update with my system. I was able to get my system sorted out. I took my Mac and the 44VSL back into where I bought it. The guy I bought It from was abl to get it sorted for me. because it was the New Snow leopard running system Presonus hadn’t got new drivers for the 44VSl as yet. But he assured me they don’t long to get that sorted.
What he did though was delete all drivers relating to the presonus off the Mac so that the Mac would use it’s own drivers. It is working. I just have to keep an eye on the presonus website for when the new drivers will become available for Snow Leopard.
At the moment I don’t have absolute full access of the 44VSL unit, but it is working. :slight_smile: