Presonus Studio one updates are far superior

It is a pity that Cubase seems to be slipping. I love Cubase but its these bugs that always pop up after an update. Maybe the big Guns in Steinberg will realize that people like me, and im sure there are many of us, have already started working in other DAWs. The other DAWS also have bugs, but they get sorted very quickly. And the bugs are never as bad as Cubase bugs where the workflow actually becomes crippling after an update. Pls Pls Pls Steinberg , we dont want to leave you but we may have no choice

i own ableton live 10 suite. itā€™s the DAW that is most unstable, it crashes a lot. in my case. they update path is reasonable fast, and free until the new version number. i can get stable results with it. but sometimes it is mess. still i can use it. it is in particular circumstances, especially with M4Lā€¦ and if you work too fastā€¦ which in cubase does not happen.
cubase crashes only because of third party stuff, the iLok debacle, and my too many controllersā€¦ with there own communcation components. but if you know what causes it, it is stable.
reaper 6 is the most stable, but not always, and itā€™s cpu usage is good, but they apply a very aggressive pre-rendering. when you arm all tracks, the difference is neglible.
harrisson mixbuss 5 (the small one) isnā€™t that stable too. but i use it only for the sound, when i need it. i acquired it recently so, it can be that i will use it more. or for mastering, when needed.
reason 10 is quite stable, nice DSP results (after a lot of waiting, the rewriting of the audio engine).
maschine (it is not a full DAW) is very stable.

i donā€™t have experience with bitwig, or studio one, or other DAWā€™s. me thinks i have already enough.

i feel that 10.5 update isnā€™t that bad, but i feel that they are impementing new stuff, smearing it out (is that correct english).
10.5 seems somewhat unstable, but it good be a glitch with a project. other projects work fine. it is the fist time that i installed (and boughtā€¦) an update just after it is being released. the GUI, the freq comparision, padshop, etc. i like, and use.

i didnā€™t use cubase a lot, the last month, although it is my main DAW. i am buidling up samples, loops, presets (from scratch), my palet of sounds was getting too small, and i wanted other things. the coloring of tracks is very nice. but reaper already had it. ow well, no prob.

and yes what cubase canā€™t do, i have a nice collection of third party plugins. for modulation i have enoughā€¦ third party plugins.
i like automation sometimes better. and i have 4 soft modular eco systems.

i donā€™t feel that cubase limits me, on the contrary. and for pattern based arrangment, mostly sample based, i go to maschine, first sessions, then sectionsā€¦ after the arrangment, i load it as a plugin in cubase. the limitations of maschine, give me inspiration.

no presonus studio one replyā€¦ but my experience. the possibilties of cubase give what i want. and yes, somethings i miss, but that are small things, and strangely i can get the same results, with some workarounds. they cost time, but strangely enough, they also work inspiring.

i donā€™t have deadlines, no label, only my own demands (and a small fan baseā€¦ very small).

and mixing in cubase, wow, that is great. (not only because i have an old MCU, that integrates very deep with cubase.)
mixing in ableton, mmmmh. it works, but not as smooth as cubase. o well, i am used to cubase, i learned to make music within cubase, and learned mixing, etc.

ableton i als use for the session view. and the build in devices. i use ableton as is, mostly. it is nice to have many options, every DAW gives my another experience, workflow, inspiriation.

but in the end, i would keep cubase and maschine, if i must choose.

PUKE!

Please Steinbergā€¦ Donā€™t waste time on that. Thank you

check out FL Studio 20.6 update. (yes I know its Fl studio, not ā€œproā€) but it has tons of new features and all for FREE

Seems to me that steinberg are hell bent on spending as much time as they can making Cubans look and feel like studio one, just with a bit more colour which is a calamity. I have both and they both have their own quirks but I must say, S1 doesnā€™t release half baked updates with major claims that donā€™t work (the 4K debacle is just an example) S1 has had great hi res display for years and yet it still looks perfect on standard HD display and all the plugins zoom perfectly,

18 months after its release, stein erg still canā€™t claim Hi Res, disgraceful marketing with false claims. As for updates, Steinberg has just released 10.5.5 for Apple users pretty sharply after release of 10.5.5 but nothing for Windows display. So why do they leave months go by for any fixes? They should be released as and when, not held back and released lost in new loops and other gimmicks.

Cubase hallmark GUI was unique, one of the reasons Protools still rules the roost I that they donā€™t make dramatic shifts and changes to the UI, busy proā€™s in busy studios havenā€™t got time to learn a new DAW. Judging by new content added, cubase seems to be morphing into another dance music workstation, Different DAWs have their own like and dislikes but in some circumstances, a need to own two or more are essential for a studio user base and because of this it becomes clear that unfortunately Cubase is beginning to crumble over its own over bloated weight.

Yes I know, the grass always looks greener on the other side. And you still donā€™t know what you want? So how can you decide to leave Cubase?

You published 3 cdā€™s with Cubase!

And after this you want to leave because you donā€™t like the direction itā€™s going? What direction would you like it to go? Since the last update (10.5) itā€™s never been more versatile than before? Dude, itā€™s a DAW! And if you can produce 3 cdā€™s with it you know how it works and you know how you can get things done! So why would you want to go look for another DAW?

So you want to compare ā€˜Studio Oneā€™ to ā€˜Cubaseā€™?
Go right ahead. Iā€™ve done it before myself. Thatā€™s why I know youā€™ll be back before the end of this year?

Always remember thisā€¦nothing is perfect! Weā€™ll always try to adjust and mold things to appear as we desire? But even how much we tryā€¦weā€™ll never come anywhere close to perfection!

I have to chime in: Please, Steinberg- remain focussed on the daw and dont focus on amp sims and other stuff!

Ernst

Amp Rack is part of Cubase Pro since V 9.5.

Tannoy

Could someone stop this sort of thread? It is not contributing any value.

Thx, Ernst

• a millionā€¦

IMO: Steinberg should be laser focused on improving Cubaseā€™s performance.

Studio One is eating their lunch in this department.

1 Like

Elien,
per your previous postā€¦

ā€œNoone forces anybody to be stuck with a product that he/she is not happy about.ā€

IMHO, no one is forcing you to comment on the thread. Please consider taking your own advice.

In the original post he clearly said itā€™s not about the amp sim or any specific update but about the frequency of updates, which I completely agree with. Your posts are the ones not contributing to the discussion here.

No one is forcing me to comment about a comment made about someone commenting about something completely unrelated to my comment. However, I feel somehow compelled to comment.

Sensitive much? :mrgreen:

Freedom of choice is a beautiful thing.

He clearly said that itā€™s not about the amp sim or any specific update that Studio One has, but rather the quantity and quality of updates in general. Youā€™re the one not contributing to the discussion here.

Scab Pickens, per your comment;

ā€œFreedom of choice is a beautiful thing.ā€

thanks for making my point!

Youā€™re welcome.

:confused:

Iā€™m just here to help.

:smiley:

Helpful hint: Test out the quote functionality of your friendly Steinberg forums.

I have used an S1 Pro and I canā€™t compare it with Cubase.
Cubase is still way ahead of the competition.

The ARA doesnā€™t work good in Cubase. Too many issues. The fades doesnā€™t work. Auto Align is very buggy too, Iā€™ve had many crashes about itā€¦