Presonus StudioLive ? Any good?

Found one new for $1650 out the door.

How will this work with non motor faders?
Will ~EVERY~ project open up with the previous mixed fader levels?

I understand the larger older SSL desks they use “Cue sheets” or paper notes.

Any ideas? the Presonus StudioLive really looks like what I need for my synthesizer room! :bulb:

I have a Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2 and was just about to answer your questions, but I now have one of my own first:

I’m sorry but is that a pile of ‘turd’ in your Avatar?

one mans turd is another mans avatar. Nothing to do with cubase, been using it on atari when it came on floppies.

Iv somewhat decided to kind of save up for the yamaha.

You mean it’s man’s turd ??? :open_mouth:

Yamhaha :wink:

Zomg you guys made me spill my beer into my weed… :ugeek:

Anyway, Jay - the SudioLive series are excellent mixers.

I’ve had my 16.4.2 for 2 1/2 years now and I think it’s top notch.

I was torn between this & the Yamaha ones which would easily be an equal second choice. It was some reviews that I read that made my decision against the Yami’s.

But I would be remiss if I didn’t tell you that there were some early issues with the Presonus line a ways back but I think they sorted them all out by now.

Presonus is now a well respected group who pay particular attention to their customers who become very faithful quite quickly.
When it comes to servicing their mixers, they are known to fix things that aren’t even reported as needing repair, and going through the whole unit checking each & every component, sometimes fixing things [or even the whole mixer] for free even after the warranty period is over.

Some companies would never do such a thing. Plus they’re all musicians themselves there.

I’d say you won’t go wrong with either mixer.