Pressing t after selecting unison in two voices creates only one tie.

Pressing t after selecting unison in two voices creates only one tie as follows:

The following is made by using octave (selecting two voices in octave -> pressing t -> transposing):

Is this behaviour intended?

This is actually logical.

If you select one note and press T, Dorico ties the note to the next note at the same pitch in the same voice, if it can find one.

If you select two notes at the same pitch and press T, Dorico ties them together even if they are in different voices.

If you select two notes at different pitches and press T, Dorico thinks you want to create two separate ties.

So if you select just one of the two notes in the first bar and press T, you get the ties shown in your first picture

If you select both notes in the first bar, Dorico thinks you want to tie those two notes together, but that doesn’t make sense, so it does nothing.

Rather than selecting the whole chain and hitting T, select the first note in one voice and hit T multiple times, then select the first note in the other voice and hit T multiple times.

As Rob’s said, if you select two notes of the same pitch, Dorico’s expectation is that you want to tie them together.

@Rob

1. the voices are actually as follows:
  2. I selected the notes as follows:
  3. The result is: https://www.steinberg.net/forums/download/file.php?id=39084

Is this logical?
I do not think so.

In reality, ties are used:

1. in the same voice in the same pitch and
  2. in different rhythmic places

If Dorico tries to tie two notes in different voices in the same rhythmic position in a bar, it seems to be a bug, in my opinion.

@pianoleo

Thank you for the tip!

It doesn’t really matter whether what Dorico is doing is logical or not, because the reality is that you’re almost definitely trying to do something that Dorico considers to be unexpected user behaviour: the only time (I can think of) that you could reasonably have two notes of exactly the same pitch, tied, on the same stave, is if you’re condensing multiple instruments/players onto one stave. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a Soprano and an Alto voice, or two Flutes, or whatever. The point is that officially Dorico doesn’t support this yet. Anything you do manually in this area constitutes a workaround.

You can argue that Dorico’s current behaviour here is a bug, but I’d much rather the team spent their energy developing the official Condensing feature rather than trying to solve “bugs” that only appear when people are trying to work around the lack of an official Condensing feature.

I agree with you!
What I tried skips actually some steps, and what you suggested is a step by step procedure to do it!
I withdraw my expression “a bug”.