Previous Transport Bar was better...

+1 Not a fan of the new transport. #IfItAintBrokeDontFixIt

Plus, I have an issue where I open sessions and the transport is miniature and missing all of the buttons/numbers. I have to close it and reopen it to get it to appear properly. Am I the only one with this issue? I came on here looking to see if this was a problem for anyone else?

I suspect you might not get too many responses if, like me, people are staying in 9.5 and only working in 10 for stuff where they don’t need to use the horrible Transport Panel.

I’d like to know why this is happening when I open sessions. Never had this problem until now…

+1 (one major point is having only 8 markers vs. more in previous - or at least option to add more and float). thanks

As I love Nuendo since version 2.0 (around 2004 I think it was) , I never feld so disapointed as now. The new toolbar type is indead a very horrible thing, that is not practical at all. The old one was compact, logical, consistent and ordered. It was realy a pleasure to work with it. Please Steinberg, give us a choice.

1 Like

chiming on in 2 years later and don’t know if this is going to be picked up but it should be. many improvements over the years but the floating transport bar and accessibility has to be returned. it’s a major blemish on such great software.

+1

1 Like

I agree. The new transport in 10/11 is not as elegant as the old one.

Steinberg, please give us the option to choose the transport style.

Chiming in this in 2023. I sent Countless emails about this subject to Steinberg with no reply… I agree that the new transport bar since version 9.5 is absolutely disgusting. So I just reverted to using version 9.5 and forgot about it. That is of course until I bought 2 new iMacs. They won’t run on anything lower than Catalina and Catalina will not support version 9.5 although I have gotten it to run but not stable enough… So now I’m forced to use Cubase 11 And I don’t like any of the GUI features and I especially do not like the fact that the Colorizing the project theme is limited and doesn’t give me the colors I like. Lastly… but not really, I also prefer the segmented LED colors within the meters instead of overall color mix. An older version of Cubase The meters have segregated segments in them and each was colorized instead of the one big mass blob color now that has sections… One of these days I would really be surprised If Steinberg actually would just listen to its customers…

And Cuba’s 12 is no help either…

Just to better understand this request: The request is not to bring the floating transport bar back as that is still present in the program (default F2) but to change its form factor from this…

to this…
grafik

Is that correct?

Yes, that is correct. The new floating transport bar is only one row in height and is not very aesthetic as the one that was present in all versions of Cubase prior to 10.0. The one in Cubase 8 was the best ever.

1 Like

Ok, so for you it is both: the form factor and the looks of the individual graphical elements.

Well, call me crazy but I much prefer the modern transport bar - low profile, sits nicely at the bottom of the screen and never gets in the way of anything.

1 Like

concur at 100. it was expansive and visible and filled with production goodness…the new one is very ‘abletonish’…can’t expand and ‘bauhaus’…wishing designers would get over their ‘craving for cool’…for me the only mistake in the best DAW going around…

Why it was better ? it was always in the way .

Back in the dark ages, the old Office programs (Word, Excel &tc) used to have modifiable, detachable, floating toolbars that could be resized. I’m talking 1990’s tech. It would be nice if modern programs had a few of the old-fashioned features.
Re the new toolbar, if I had the items that I had on the old toolbar, the new one would be wider than my monitor (2560 * 1440).