Pricing/purchasing

Totally agree,that’s why i am wondering if owing Cubase Pro and HSO gets any benefits

There are no special prices for Cubase or HSO customers at this time, but we have certainly not ruled out special pricing in the future. I’m sorry for any disappointment caused.

That’s ok Daniel,this is typical Steinberg’s rewarding to it’s loyal customers.

If I have Sibelius 7 and I do a cross grade upgrade does that mean Sibelius will no longer work on my computer?

Nick Farrell

No. you can continue working with Sibelius while learning Dorico.

Excellent news!

Same situation for me… I’ll wait for the future.

Congratulations on your completion!

I’ve been interested in the development story since I first heard of it. It would seem like a natural for me, and I’ve been holding off on upgrading my copy of Finale for a few years as a result of my interest. As an owner of much Steinberg software, it seemed like it held potential for integration with the apps I already know and use. Now that I’ve waited it out, I decided to go with Notion instead, once I saw the crossgrade price. The Notion app is completely cross functional between my iPad and my PC, and I got the crossgrade for less than 1/4 of your price. I’m sure Dorico will be much more robust and capable in the long run, but Notion does everything I want by way of studio charts and I’ll probably still use clunky old Finale to write occasional choral scores.

I wish you well. It just isn’t affordable for me at this crossgrade point.

Here’s one longtime Notion user that can’t wait to add Dorico via crossgrade and still be patient while full functionality is implemented. I’m placing my bet on Daniel and his team, though I know business realities and Steinberg will have some tempering effect on their plans.

I am quite happy that Steinberg has decided to include Notion in the crossgrade program, else the price would have simply been too steep for a hobbyist like me.

Ok,i won’t keep on whining about loyal Steinberg customers as myself (you can look at my signature) being ignored.

Here are some additional thoughts about Dorico’s expensive & awkward pricing scheme:
1.Why would anyone buy Dorico at full price (579€) when he/she can buy Notion (150€ or less) and then crossgrade to Dorico (299€)?
2.Why would anyone purchase at such a high price a program that misses important features? Who ensures potential customers what will be free and when these features are fully supplemented? If the program is not yet full featured why not release it with a lower price to earn a higher customer base?

Someone who wants the time to learn the intricacies of a new program so that he or she can switch to full use of Dorico as features are added, perhaps.

That seems perfectly reasonable to me. I’m getting it but don’t expect to really use it as my go-to program until I’ve become truly comfortable with the way it works. Meanwhile I’ll continue to use Sibelius, especially when I’m in a hurry.

Exactly. I think Presonus are going to see a lot of sales over the next few days.

DG

Agreed but mostly cross graders will take that path,i suspect.I am talking about full price buyers

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that I can crossgrade from Notion for 299. Audiodeluxe sells Notion for 127us. 127+299 = 426. It feels quite strange to buy a program, just to be able to crossgrade to Dorico.
I intend to invest in Dorico, but plans to wait a while.

… unless they anticipate you, and up the price. :laughing:

I did the same to be able to buy Sibelius a long time ago (I bought Encore at a huge discount price and then crossgrade to Sibelius).