Print Watermark appearing behind graphics.

I have a score with some graphics frames and when I export a PDF with a watermark the graphics sit on top of the watermark so the watermark can’t be seen completely. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

A watermark is usually intended to be transparent, so that the actual contents of the page are not obscured by the mark itself.

If you want some text to block out the music, then you may need to use some other method. What are you trying to achieve, exactly?

Okay, thanks. I assumed that the watermark was pasted on top of everything else but was semi transparent so you could still see what’s behind. My watermark includes my website address but since the graphics block it out no one can read it, so it’s kind of pointless. Even typing “Sample” comes out as “Sa__le”. I guess I’ll have to look for another option.

If the watermark is transparent, then it doesn’t matter whether it’s on top or underneath.

50% transparent Black underneath 100% Black == 100% Black.
50% transparent Black on top of 100% Black == 100% Black.

Baerenreiter offer lots of sample PDF scores that have a white background behind the diagonal text. There are utilities that can add watermarks to PDFs without transparency; under, over, etc.

If you’re on a Mac, I’ve written some python scripts that will do that.

I think there has been a slight misunderstanding so I will include and image to illustrate the problem. You can see here that it very much does matter it the watermark is on top or underneath.

Did you create the piano keyboard in Dorico? If something is explicitly ‘white’, then yes, that introduces another element into play.

No, I created the graphic in another program. It’s no big deal though. I can find another solution for now, either make the graphics transparent or use another program to do the watermarking.