Printer recommendations

I posted this on MET, but I’d be very interested in hearing from folks here as well.

I’m needing to purchase a printer for home use (the wife is asking), and so I figure I might as well spend a little more and get something that really sings for my uses… which are never more than letter size, always B/W, and occasionally need to be of the highest possible quality (to send samples to clients).

I’d be curious to know what printers folks are using here for home that produce a really sharp image. I’m not paying $500, and preferably less. Thanks!

We have a simple brother duplex printer at home, and it produces very crisp prints. (It is, no surprise, a laser printer, which is the only way to go IMHO.)

What model?

I have the older version of this:
Brother Compact Monochrome Laser Printer, HL-L2350DW, Wireless Printing, Duplex Two-Sided Printing, Amazon Dash Replenishment Ready https://a.co/d/dFrkguD

I have an older Brother duplex network printer that I’ve been very happy with: model HL-5250DN. Rock-solid for printing, thousands of pages with just one toner cartridge replacement (no drum replacement yet). I don’t think it’s available anymore, but there must be updated models now. I paid $180 on sale when I bought it in 2008.

I have the same model at church with even more pages printer. Very happy with it.

Thanks folks, I landed on an HP M227. I shall report back once I have dutifully flogged it.

2 Likes

I also use a Brother printer. Sometimes I’ll load 8.5x14 paper (legal) for bigger scores.