Printing otb mixes through export?

I have been using external effects for 15 years, and just acquired a killer console - a 16 channel Trident 88. It’s a long story but the main intent and impetus wasn’t necessarily to involve it in mixing - for me mixes have to be repeatable - but I had to see what it sounded like to sum through it. I could certainly see a way to set things up to where it was possible to get pretty repeatable results, and could minimize some of the problems using cubase for the external routing.

Anyway, as far as I can tell the only way to print the mix when you are sending many tracks out and coming back with 2, is to just record it. However, I like to organize my mixes in a way that depends on using export audio mixdown. I tried using the monitor button on a track with those inputs, didn’t work. Is there a way to do this?

In case anybody ever has the same problem, the solution is to set the record folder for the track you’re using to print the mix to wherever you want your mixes to go. Turn off the pre-record unless you wanted to record extra, and allow it to name your files cumulatively.

If you want to replace one without changing the name, delete it and make sure cubase erases it, then record the new print.