Printing Problem Dorico 3 with dual monitor setup

I have recently upgraded to Dorico 3 and have just experienced a freezing problem which I had in 2017. I posted here on February 10th 2017 the following observations (landscape monitor on left and portrait monitor on Right:
<<
If Dorico is active in the landscape monitor and I switch, say from Engrave to Print, I have no problem printing - even if the LH layout panel is open.

If I now close the LH layout panel and move the program to the portrait monitor - I have no problem printing.

If I hadn’t closed the LH layout panel, when I move the program to the portrait monitor - Dorico freezes when I try and print.

If Dorico is active in the portrait monitor, and I go, say from Engrave to Print mode, and the LH layout panel is open Dorico freezes when I print.

If Dorico is active in the portrait monitor, and I go, say from Engrave to Print mode, and the LH layout panel is open, and I am really quick and immediately close the panel, I can print without any problems, I think that I have about 3-4 seconds.

If Dorico is active in the portrait monitor, and I go, say from Engrave to Print mode, and the LH layout panel is closed, I can print without any problems.

All this seems to be consistent behaviour, so it would seem that I am unable to have the LH layout panel open if I want to print and the program is active in the portrait monitor.

I haven’t experienced this for a long time with version 2, but unfortunately I haven’t any idea when the problem disappeared.

David

My suspicion when you first reported this problem was that it is somehow related to the dimensions of the window. If you resize the window so that it is not quite the full height of your portrait monitor, does that allow things to work?

Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, if I have the window ‘minimised’ to practically the same size of the portrait monitor (about 2mm off), the printing works well.
If I then maximise this window, the printing doesn’t work.

Actually, after playing around with different files, I have found only one which creates this problem, and that problem goes away if I use the above procedure, but only when I resize it to a certain size. I can go full height, but as soon as I go past a certain width, I start having problems. There is a resizing of the page image in the print window, and then Dorico starts to work very slowly, and then stops.
I don’t know why this file should be any different - it is cloned from a template like a lot of my other files which seem to behave themselves. This is the only one so far that I have found.

I can send said file if it is any help.

David

I don’t think it’ll be specific to a particular file, but rather to a specific window geometry, though as I say we were unable to reproduce the problem last time you reported it. At least for the time being you have an option: resizing the window a little so that it doesn’t trigger the problem. I know it’s not particularly convenient, and I apologise for that.

Thanks - it’s only a small issue really - I’d even forgotten about it till I had the crash yesterday.

What you’ve managed to achieve with Dorico more than makes up for it!

David