Okay, as a long time user and lover of Nuendo, I recently acquired Protools 9. Being a post audio person in L.A. is very difficult if you’re primarily a Nuendo guy. With PT’s price drop and hardware easements, I figured it was time to stop cutting off my nose.
OKAY, questions for any of you…
- Is there really no way to organize sound clips and files beyond dumping them in the regions window?
- Do you actually have to drag a file onto a track in the edit window before you can fine tune in and outs and make regions?
- Is “razoring” a clip really as cludgy as select regions then click cmd-e?
- is the “smarttool” really the best way of doing things?
- Is there really no eqivalent of the Sample Editor?
- Is there no equivalent of the Automation Panel?
- Is zooming in and out really that lame as compared to Nuendo?
I have tons more questions, but I guess I’ll stop there…
I know I shouldn’t necessarily ask these questions in a Nuendo forum (or expect answers)… but thus far, I am stunned by how underwhelmed I am by PT9.