Pro Tools user looking to Cubase for orchestral work

Ahh crap - I just realized - these might not be compatible with VEPRO :frowning:

They should be. The KS are programmed in the patches, recalling them is just a matter of sending a MIDI note.

Personally, i see no advantage in having a template where tracks are disabled. No matter how ‘‘little’’ time it takes to load, when you’re constantly browsing for sounds and having to un-disable/disable tracks all the time would be a drag and total workflow killer, anyways i tried it with my 800 track template and hated it.

The biggest advantage of large template is to have all my sounds on line and accessible at all times and the only way to do this is via VEP pro or bidule and slaves.

I work similarly to how ZeroZero has his template setup, by enabling instruments as needed, but this is not very efficient if you have to switch between similar (instrumentation-wise) projects. For me, it works just fine since I don’t do nearly as much orchestral work as some of you. But if I was orchestrating a lot, then I would totally use VE Pro for the reasons already mentioned. It makes more sense to just wait the first time it loads instead of waiting every time you load a different project (even if subsequent opening of projects load faster to RAM).

Yes that would be nice. But we don’t need the folders, do we - only to keep organized. I have experimented with a naming scheme that would let me search for specific tracks, like ww for woodwinds, so when you need a flute you just activate that visibility agent that includes all the tracks current + wood winds.

Well I just loaded your template. Now I know - We need! the folders. Thanks for letting us see your efforts :wink:

Folders could be so much more useful

Here is my top three suggestions

1] Make it possible to see and import whole folders when using import track from project. Imagine having a folder with your strings which you could import if you need to

2] Make it possible (optionally) for the folder to govern the routing, so that anything put in that folder gets routed to whatever the folder is routed to. It could even be possible for group tracks to behave like folders.

3] Make it possible to invisibalize folders to reduce clutter. There are other ways a folder could be represented in the project view - a slim line perhaps or an icon on the track indicating ownership when tooltipped.

These three comparatively minor improvements would make a huge difference to peoples workflow. One could then develop ‘library’ projects where your instrument genres are kept, then imported, with no excess RAM overhead, as the import could then be cut to what you need.

This would be a huge improvement.