"Pro"

The thought of a chunk of Bratwurst makes me dribble:)!

I’m hoping Pro means a change from what they have done in the past. Historically priority seems to go to the things newbies love…while the unsexy things such as workflow, key commands, and certain core functions remain broken or not working as designed. The list is very long for Pro users who rely on multiple video monitors and key commands.

I think C8 is a step in the right direction. For example VCA’s. This is a good start, but with C8.5 make VCA’s the way they should really (historically) work. BIP and rendering still need refining. Come to think about it, how about just focusing C8.5 on issues that have been ignored for years instead of Loop Mash3 or the new & improved Wanky Doodle feature that’s going to introduce a host of new issues…some of which will never be fixed?

If Steinberg did this they could be very attractive to disenchanted PT users who are beginning to look for a new DAW.

Hi,

Just a ploy to get gullible owners to upgrade so they psychologically feel they have a professional (or are indeed professionals themselves) version. No need for a tag-on name. The singular word ‘Cubase’ was powerful and concise enough to represent everything the software stands for. Clear enough distinctions were already in practice with such titles as Artist, Sequel and Elements.

Anyway, I have just purchased (Update to) ‘Artist 8’ and so the additional wording did not inspire/influence me!

Ta,

Paul

Is “fixed” in their vocabulary? Maybe then they can call it Cubase Completed

:mrgreen:

Introducing Cubase 8.0.5 with cloud integration. Collaborate with other studios with full steinCloud support. The all new revolutionary steinCloud toolbar in the project window allows you to chat with studios around the world with the touch of a button. Share projects with the advanced cloud integration, and operate on a remote computer with the all new Screenshare ® cloud integration suite (disc sold separately for $59.99 and $8.99 shipping and handling, plus tax).

released…

A few months later:

Notable Identified Issues:

-Bug causes cloud integration toolbar to display incorrectly on some monitors.
-Projects cannot be shared with computers running Intel i5 processors with less than 4 gb RAM.
-Issue with instaChat: connection terminates when using Cisco router on OSX Yosemite.
-Horizontal lines displayed in some parts of screen when using Screenshare cloud integration suite.

The Steinberg development team is working closely with customer support to resolve these and other issues. If you have experienced these issues, please upgrade to Cubase 8.5.0 for a small upgrade price as they will be fixed in this release

I see nothing has changed in all the years, same old, same old pattern… with every new version released, come out with new features, which are riddled with problems, come out with updates, bug fixes for them, then hold it’s buyers with yet another ransom. Truly “PRO” …what other types of businesses, goods & services charge you for it up front, and then to get it to function properly, you have to pay again. Clearly designed to keep pilfering it’s loyal, if not rabid customers :unamused:

Somehow, I’m reminded of those Trojans etc, where they infect your hard drive, and unless you pay a ransom all your files will be erased. Uh, oh, I may have given them a new idea…or maybe they already thought of that one too! :wink:

While the pattern is the same they are not focusing on the stuff that excites bedroom beaters. Instead more focus on function and things a DAW should focus on such as VCAs instead of 3rd party stuff.

Good thing you realized it, so at least you are not among those getting bamboozled. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No offense intended… that was a generalization, not a dig at you directly. My old grandma used to always say, don’t sweat the small stuff… she had a good point.