Problem! Cubase 6.5 quit

Hey cubase users,

i have a little problem with the new cubase 6.5. every time i shutdown cubase 6.5 windows says that cubase is not working anymore. :astonished: i don’t know why i get this because with cubase 6.0.5 i never had that problem.

*i can do everything normal editing recording only shutdown the program is a problem ? does somebody have a solution for this ?

btw padshop and retrologue are awesome shynths (l) love them !!! :stuck_out_tongue:

greets,

Noijen :mrgreen:

Hmmm…well, technically, if you shut Cubase down, it is not working. What’s the problem?

Sorry, couldn’t resist…that would drive me to wonder what is going on as well.

What version of Windows are you running? 64 bit Windows and Cubase?

What happens if you run Cubase as administrator? Does it happen when you close out of an empty project as well?

What if you just open Cubase, then close it without opening a project?

What is the name of the audio driver you have chosen in the setup? Not “generic” right? It is set to the specific ASIO driver for your device, right?

Is there some plug-in that all your projects are loading that might be causing this?

Just random troubleshooting steps that come to mind.

Im getting same thing too, did you find solution or just live with it?

All the troubleshooting things ive tried, but still the same. Its more annoying than anything else, doesent stop you working…I agree its just telling you you have quit and its stopped working, but why? Error is pasted below

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Cubase6.exe
Application Version: 6.5.0.102
Application Timestamp: 4f23141b
Fault Module Name: Cubase6.exe
Fault Module Version: 6.5.0.102
Fault Module Timestamp: 4f23141b
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000101f4dc
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 2089
Additional Information 2: 2089248258d142380b2cc6826f8bf2ac
Additional Information 3: 7ddd
Additional Information 4: 7dddee0f5429b9997c8522638a00b76a

Cheers

TW

Uhm,

I dont really get a error like you.

but after quit Cubase i get the massage " Cubase stopped working" fking windows…

I didn’t find a solution for the problem :cry:

cheers

Hi

You don’t use automap software from novation`?

Greetz Bassbase

basbase is quite right , if your using any form of automap then you will be getting the “cubase has stopped work” error ,it’s a known fault with automap and i do believe they are working on it . if your not using automap then pay no attention to this message and it will self distruct in 15 seconds !

Hi

Atm i am using the betadrive 4.41b and since i also switched from usb maudio fastrackpro to PCI Rme Hdsp 9632 had no more crashes on exit.
Quite not sure but after chaning to the beta the exit problem was solved.

Its for sure a try worth.

Greetz Bassbase