Problem installing Dorico 4.3.11

Hi - trying to install Dorico 4.3.11 update and hitting issues. Firstly when I use the Download Assistant the install fails saying due to unknown error but files saved and can launch manually.
Screenshot 2022-12-07 174816

If I try to install manually it gets so far then has an error message about writing to a file which I can’t get past.
Screenshot 2022-12-07 174836

Can’t start Dorico now and not sure what else to try - any ideas?

It looks like you haven’t the authorization to write on your disk. The first message happens also here in Windows if I deny the authorization to install, because I only want the installer downloaded. But if you gave that authorization…

Did you try as Administrator?

The directory “Program Files” has access restrictions, so that no one can simply write into it by accident.

You need to run the install as administrator to get permissions here.

Thanks - tried running the installer as administrator but still hit the String writing error then if hit Retry a fatal error code 1603

Hi - quick update managed to solve it. Rebooted PC then signed in using Activation Manager before running Download Assistant again - this time it updated successfully!

Thanks for suggestions earlier.

Glad you solved…and welcome on board! :slight_smile:

I ran this update and now Dorico has dissapeared from my system. What happened here? I’m downloading the full installer as we speak, but this is an unpleasant surprise. Am I the only one?

Running the Dorico installer obviously shouldn’t remove Dorico from your computer unless you choose the “Remove” or “Uninstall” option (I forget what the precise terminology in the Windows installer is). However, you don’t need to worry that the installer will remove any of your own data: that will all be preserved and picked back up again when you install Dorico (unless you go and start manually deleting things, of course).

Same here, but it looks like it is working on it, wish me luck!