Problem Installing Tegeler Creme RC Plugin with Cubase 12 Pro

I am having trouble installing the VST3 plugin for Tegeler Creme RC. Cubase 12 Pro is not recognising the VST3 plugin. I reinstalled with the VST2, which Cubase recognised but blacklisted, still it does not recognise the VST3. The dll file is showing up in the VST folder in Windows explorer (I’m using a PC with Windows 10, latest version), so I know that the plugin has installed. Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

So, no sign of it in the plug-in manager at all?

1 Like

No, it’s not showing up in plug-in manager…file path is all ok and I’ve re-scanned…

This is extraordinary. I don’t know what the problem could be. Could it be some antivirus software blocking the file? A folder access permission issue? Maybe the plug-in needs to be installed “as administrator”? Maybe something with the network address for the unit?

1 Like

I’ve been in touch with Tegeler support who suggested disabling antivirus, but my Norton software is saying the file is safe. Also, as the VST2 was recognised by Cubase, it makes me think it is a different issue…still, I did try disabling Norton and reinstalling the VST3, but it didn’t help. It is a total mystery!

1 Like

That it is!

You know, that’s the best course! You have a nice piece of gear, I’m sure they would be happy to help you enjoy it and work with it. Maybe it has something to do with Cubase in the sense that in 12.0.52’s release notes we had this:

VST

We have improved the automatic replacement of plug-ins in older projects when newer plug-in generations are available.

That’s the only - somewhat logical - connection I can make. You have the VST2 plug-in blacklisted, and VST3 replaces it but it’s blacklisted and the system breaks? I don’t know.

1 Like

The VST3 hasn’t been blacklisted, it’s just not recognised at all by Cubase…I think it might be something to do with Windows blocking it, even though Norton is saying it’s safe. Hopefully Tegeler support will help me get it sorted, but thanks so much for your suggestions!

1 Like

When you installed the VST3 version, did you pick a different folder than the default one?

You’re talking about the VST2 or 3 here?

Hi, I heard of a friend that the VST3 PlugIn sometimes is not installed correctly. Please look, if the VST3 Plugin is found here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
If not, drag it manually to this location.

1 Like

Thank you so much - problem solved by dragging the VST3 file to C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 :grinning:

1 Like