Problem opening 2.1 files in 2.2

The other thing that would be helpful, Milo, is to get a dump of what Dorico is doing when it’s hanging. If you’re on Windows, I believe you can use the free Process Monitor utility from Microsoft/Sysinternals to generate a sample of the state of the program when it’s hanging; on Mac, you do this by selecting the process in Activity Monitor and choosing the ‘Spindump’ option from the cog menu at the top of the window. If you then subsequently quit and restart Dorico, please send us the diagnostic reports generated by choosing Help > Create Diagnostic Report – this will be a zip file on your desktop.

For the record, the issue that Pete (the original poster in this thread) was having was nothing to do with Dorico itself: he was able to copy the files from one computer to the other and open them in 2.2 to keep working, and it seems to have been some kind of Dropbox sync issue. I’m certainly not suggesting that Dorico doesn’t have bugs: of course it does, like any large-scale application. But we do carefully test the application in as many environments as possible and with as many users as possible, and no issues like this came up in our testing. We will do everything we can to get you back up and running as soon as possible.

If you are interested in a workaround to get that specific project opened in the meantime, I’m also happy to help describe such a thing to you.