Problem: Recording electric guitar

Hi there. I’m sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don’t know what to do. I’m new to Cubase and DAWs in general

I use the CI2+ audio interface and mac. I can hear my guitar even when cubase is closed, like it goes directly from the audio interface to the speakers. And i don’t know how to solve this.

I have set CI2+ as the ASIO driver, in Cubase. I can see that Cubase gets a signal from my guitar, but I can’t hear it or record it.

I would appreciate it if you could with some suggestions to help me solve these problems

Turn the mix knob to DAW on the C12 then read the getting started manual to configure your inputs/outputs.

I know you’re new. Not trying to rag you, but why wouldn’t you post in the Steinberg Hardware forum when you have an issue with Steinberg hardware? You say the issue is with Cubase closed, doesn’t that narrow down where to look? Furthermore, why wouldn’t you at least read the first couple of pages there, including the Stickies, to see if the Q’s come up before? :wink: