Problem: Upgrade Cubase Studio 4.1.1 to Cubase 4.5.2

Hello.

I am currently using Cubase Studio 4.1.1 (educational version). I would very much like to try a plugin that is only compatible with Cubase versions 4.5.2 or higher.

I have downloaded all the upgrades from Steinberg’s site, and I have upgraded to Cubase 4.5.2. But, when I try to start Cubase 4.5.2, it says that my current license (Cubase Studio 4.1.1) is not compatible with version 4.5.2.

Is there any way to solve this any time soon?

I have already installed the plugin, which runs on x-days trial. If I do not get the Cubase 4.5.2 to work I will not get to try the plugin, which costs a lot.

Thanks for any help.

As always with license problems: Update the e-licenser software! Done that already…?

I do not think so. And I do not have any idea about how to do it. Could you or someone please guide me on how to do that?

I am on a bit slow internet connection.

Edit: Also, I do not have internet on the PC where Cubase is, beacuse I do not want virus etc. on that PC. Is it possible to update the elicenser software without connecting the CUbase-PC to the internet?

I have now downloaded the latest eLicencer Control, from: http://www.elicenser.net/en/latest_downloads.html

I have installed it, but I still get the following message when Itrying to open Cubase 4.5.2:

Application Cubase 4 has caused the following error:

eLicenser(s) contain(s) no valid license for this application…

Please help.

Edit: I have now ran the licenser-maintenance/-update trough the latest eLicenser Control. Still I get the same message.

Please help.

Is it possible that your 4.5.2 installer was for the full Cubase rather than Studio?

I used this update: http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_c4.html

What is the difference between “Cubase Studio” and “Cubase”? I do not know much about the different Cubase-products. Is there any possibility to upgrade to a “Cubase Studio 4.5.2” or higher?

^
Oh,I’m thinking I might have been talking rubbish. It looks like there’s just one installer. Looking here: ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Download/Cubase_4/ , there doesn’t seem to be any distinction made between the different version-4 Cubases.

Cubase is the fully featured version, and Cubase Studio is a lower-priced version with fewer features. (There’s probably a comparison table you could find somewhere on the internet that shows all the features of both versions side by side.)

You wouldn’t be able to buy an upgrade from the Studio to the full version 4 now, because v4 has been superseded by v5, then V6 and, this week, v7. You could upgrade your license to v7, but you’d probably need to think carefully before doing so.

This forum helped me on to the correct track: Googled “Cubase studio 4.5.2”, and voila: http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_cs4.html

I was not aware the difference in versions, but I sure am now.

Finally, it is working.

Thanks!!

Edit: And I really want Cubase 7, but right now I need to prioritize other things. If I did not have to, I would buy Cubase 7 today.

Thanks again.