Problem with a dynamic

Searching the forums did not produce this same situation, so I thought I would report.

I have a bar in 2/2.

Quarter rest, quarter note, half note. Starting on the quarter note, I need pp<>. When I use the popover, I do not get the results I expect.
Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 2.59.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 3.00.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 3.00.30 PM.png
When I delete the pp, I do see the <. Not sure if this is a bug.

However, I can get it to display correctly if I select the quarter note, then add pp<, then select the half note and add >. When I do that order, everything works as it’s supposed to.

Robby

Is this in Page view or Galley view? If in Galley view, it may be that the space just isn’t there for the dynamic to display in full, but it’ll look fine in Page View.

Unfortunately this does sometimes happen. Dorico does try to ensure that a hairpin is always given sufficient length to draw, but as a last ditch measure to prevent the hairpin either from drawing so short it looks like an accent, or indeed under even more extreme circumstances to draw pointing in the wrong direction, if the hairpin can’t be drawn to the minimum length as defined in Engraving Options, it doesn’t draw at all. We have a couple of entries in our bug backlog to tak care of this in due course.

Hello Daniel and others -

Has there been any progress on this bug? The logic makes sense, but what an annoyance to not even have the hairpin there to be able to manipulate in engraving mode.

Cheers,
Justin

No, I’m afraid we’ve not yet fixed this bug. Sorry for the inconvenience.