Problem with Dorico 4 update: cannot find eLicenser license

I find myself regretting ever switching the Dorico because of the e-licenser. I just upgraded to Dorico 4, Steinway was quick to take the money, but I cannot activate the license in e-licenser because it cannot find the license. It tells me to plug in the dongle, which is happily plugged in. I may just have to request a refund for Dorico 4 if I cannot get this to work.

No doubt Daniel will chime in and help you sort it out. All I can say is that once you’ve successfully migrated your license to the new system it’s smooth sailing.

Sorry to hear that you’re having problems with your update, Jay. When you run eLicenser Control Center on the computer where your USB-eLicenser is plugged in, does your Dorico Pro 3.5 license appear there?

Is it possible that you actually put your Dorico Pro 3.5 license on a Soft-eLicenser on a different computer? If so, then you’ll need to run Steinberg Download Assistant on the computer where your Dorico 3.5 license is found, and click the Enter your Download Access Code button in the top left of the window, then enter the Dorico 4 update DAC you received from our online shop. You don’t need to actually install Dorico 4 on this computer: just enter your DAC, and it should then find your Dorico 3.5 license, and update it automatically.