Problem with eLicencer after reinstallation

I just reinstalled Cubase on a new computer, but get this “eLicenser Control Error” that won’t go away. Others seem to have fixed it by reinstalling or updating the eLicenser, but it doesn’t work for me (the problem remains). In Cubase it just says that I don’t have any licence, and eLicenser doesn’t find any problems when I do a maintenance. If I try to enter the activation code again it just says that I’ve already entered it. Any ideas?

I’m running Windows 11 . This is the complete error message I get when trying to apply reverb to a track:

"Application ‘REV-X VST 3’ has caused the following error:

eLicenser(s) contain(s) no valid license for this application.


  • For troubleshooting information click .
  • Click to view available licenses.
  • Connect a valid eLicenser and click .
  • Click to abort."


If you have activated the license already, go thru the Reactivation process, please.

I’ve tried that too, but it just says that there’s no license to reactivate. Everything else works, so Cubase itself is obviously activated, but for some things like adding reverb it doesn’t work.


Can you see the license in your MySteinberg account, please? Can you see the Soft-eLicenser Number in your new eLCC application?

I’m not entirely sure what to look for, but in MySteinberg accout I’ve got hardware licence for the sound card and USB and audio interface (that’s working), under “software” there’s nothing and under “Soft-eLicenser” there’s some serial number and under it it says “No products found on this eLicenser”

Please enter the Download Access Code that was included with your audio interface using the “Register eLicenser / software” button here:

Alternatively, turn on your previous computer and open the eLicenser Control Center to register your old Soft-eLicenser number using the menu at the top. Reactivation should then become available for your plugins by following the steps linked earlier:

If you no longer have access to your previous computer and you’ve lost your Download Access Code, please contact Steinberg Support or your local distributor.

The problem persists. I just got at message saying " You can redeem your DAC using the Self-Service" When I do that it I get a bunch of access codes, but if I click “send to eLcc” i get an error saying that the code has been used already.

I managed to type in one of my serial codes (I got 3 different ones when I bought the sound card, don’t know which one it is that’s causing the problem), and then I could reactivate that and type in a new SeL Nr. and migrate everything to that one, but I still get the error message in Cubase. “No licenses found”.
Under " My products" I have the correct Soft eLicenser number, but under that it says “No products found on this eLicenser.”.

I figured it out now. After I did all of the steps descriped above, I also had to use yet another activation code (or rather a whole bunch of them) that I got when registering software in “My products”, then open eLicenser and click the green activation button and copy over all those licenses one by one. So now the error is gone and everything’s working again.
Thanks Martin.Jirsak and Romatique_Tp for your help!

1 Like