Problem with grace notes and barlines [solved]

Hello!

The ability to place grace notes either before or after the barline is great. However, I have one instance where I can’t seem to get it right, no matter what I do. In this example, I want all of the three “phrases” to be the same, with the grace notes after the barline, but whatever I do, I can’t seem to change the third phrase so it’s the same as the other two.

Any ideas?
gracenotes.JPG

Take the first instance that appears as you want and copy and paste that measure into the third measure. It should overwrite it the way you want and then you can delete the superfluous mf.

Is it possible that you have some (possibly hidden) text in that 2nd measure? I had something that looked a bit like that, and it turned out that there was a hidden tempo indication in the measure with the strange extra space. When I took care of that, everything returned to normal.

I’ve already tried that, unfortunately the problem still persists.

Thanks for the tip, I will look into it!

Select the right-most grace note that appears before the barline in the third case, and check what’s set in the Properties panel: if the ‘Grace note before barline’ property is set, switch it off.

It isn’t, I checked again, just to be sure. So there must be another problem…
The weird thing is, I can copy the bar before to any other place, and it’s correct, but when I try it in that bar, it gets wrong no matter what I do.

You can see at the attached gif.
gracenotes.gif

I guess you’ll have to stop attaching pictures and attach the real project, then: please zip it up and attach it here.

I’ll send it to you in an email, I hope that’s ok? (For reasons explained in the email.) I have you address from a previous communication.

I’ll take this opportunity to thank you again for what must be the best consumer service in the software world. And for making a scoring program that’s better than anything else out there. :slight_smile: