Problem with importing files in to cubasis from iTunes

Hello,

I try to Import wav files from iTunes Library to cubasis and its telling me, unsupported file format. The problem showed up after the last update, could it be ? What could I do ? Please help !

Thanks !

Hello,

I am sorry that you are having issues with Cubasis. The iTunes import is not working properly in version 1.3. This will be fixed in the 1.4 update.

Kind regards,
Frieder

Thank you for your reply. Do you have any idea, when this update 1.4. will be available ? I have to finish my project … Is there any way to cancle the update done, so that i could work with 1.2. version ?

Kind regards,

Irina

Hello Irina,

we plan to release the update end of May. As a workaround, you can import the file using the WiFi-Server or iTunes File Sharing instead.

Kind regards,
Frieder

My problem is: In cubasis in my iPad I go to Media->Audio->Import->IPod IMPORT->Songs, i choose a song and then I get a message “Unsupported file format” (i try to import wav or mp3). So the file I need is already in my iPad but it does not get imported in to cubasis. Any idea ?

Kind regards,

Irina

Hello,

yes. I would try:

1. Sync iPad with your computer
  2. Locate the file in the file system
  3. Copy the file from your computer on the iPad

It’s less convenient than the import from within Cubasis but it should work nevertheless. If you have further questions let me know.

Kind regards,
Frieder

Hello Frieder,

this is actually the way I already try, the file is in iPad, but how can I open it with cubasis to integrate it in to my cubasis-project without taking the way I already described (Media->Audio->Import->IPod IMPORT->Songs) ?

Thanks!

With best regards,

Irina

Hello,

i would recommend that you get this song from your iPad onto your computer first. Then you should copy it into Cubasis using iTunes File Sharing or the WiFi-Server. I am not an Apple expert, so I can’t help you a lot regarding how to get this file on your computer (just sync it?).

Kind regards,
Frieder

Hello Frieder,

I am not sure that we understand each other …

My goal is to master an audio file in cubasis in my iPad. To be able to do so I am going this way:

1. record a wav file with my recorder
  2. then I copy it in to my computer
  3. I cut it (beginning, end)
  4. copy into iTunes
  5. sync. it with my iPad (it’s working until now),

so the file is already in iPad. The next step is to open this file with cubasis, this I can do by importing this audio file through importing function in cubasis “iPod IMPORT” and this last step of importing does not function.
Do you know any other way to open an audio file with cubasis ?

Best regards,

Irina

Hello Irina,

yes, there are several alternative ways to get your file into Cubasis.

1. Email the file to yourself and open it with Cubasis.
  2. Use iTunes file Sharing (Connect your iPad → Select it in iTunes → Selects Apps → Select Cubasis → Drag and Drop your Audio file into the folder).
  3. Use the WiFi-Server (Enable it in Cubasis, Open the displayed adress in your browser, Upload your file).

Kind regards,
Frieder

Thank you very much, it’s working !

Best regards,

Irina

Hi there,
Please could you expand on the ‘wifi share’ of importing audio files.Could you take me throught the process step by step please

Kindest regards?

Deanoligy

Hi Deanoligy,

Please have a look at the MediaBay chapter in the in-app help of Cubasis to find a step by step description how to use the WiFi server option (as well as descriptions for other methods/options).

Thanks,
Lars