Problem with key commands for Properties Scope

After using Dorico for more than 30 minutes or so, my key commands for set properties locally, set properties globally, and toggle set properties scope stop working.

I’ve tried many different combinations of keystrokes, consecutive key commands, and jump bar aliases, but it’s always the same. The key commands work as expected for the first half hour or so after launching Dorico, and then stop working until I quit and restart Dorico. It happens in every project, and I don’t experience this with any other key commands. Has anyone else experienced this?

1 Like

Yes, I’ve had the same issue for a long time as well.
There appear to be some functions that just do not interact well with key commands, such as Ctrl-E to get the lower octave E. Every other note works, E doesn’t.

1 Like

I don’t think the issue you describe, Michele, has any bearing on the issue described by Stu.

Stu, there’s no reason why key commands would stop working after a particular period of time, so there must be another factor involved. Could you please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report immediately after you next find that the key commands no longer work as expected, and attach the resulting zip file here? I doubt I’ll be able to figure out what’s going on just from looking at those logs, but I’m willing to give it a try!

Thanks so much Daniel, here you go:
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.4 MB)

Thanks for the diagnostics. I can see at the end of the log that you were still able to successfully set the Properties scope to global, but it looks as if you might have ended up doing this via the jump bar. Is that right?

It also looks as if this most recent attempt followed a period of inactivity of about 10 minutes, during which time I guess you were probably doing other things on your computer. Is there any possibility that you are doing something else during that time that could be interfering with the Ctrl+G/Ctrl+L/Ctrl+P shortcuts you’ve chosen for these commands?

Thank you for investigating. Yes, I was using the jump bar for the action. The period of inactivity was a break away from my computer; when I came back, the jump bar had no effect.

I should also mention that this happens on both my laptop and my desktop, and only with these properties scope-related actions.

I just realized you said that my final attempt with the jump bar was still successful. I didn’t think so; If it was, the lower zone still appeared to be set to locally.

I assumed the command had failed and I created the diagnostics report. Is it possible that the command does work, but the change stops being reflected in the lower zone?

I tested this a few more times, with both key commands and the jump bar. It does seem that the properties scope successfully changes with key commands/jump bar, but worryingly, that change is not reflected in the lower zone.

I used the key command/jump bar to set properties locally, and the lower zone still displayed globally. I made a few edits, and by comparing different layouts I found that the edits had indeed been made locally.

Conversely, I used the command/jump bar to set properties globally, and while the lower zone still displayed locally, my subsequent edits were made globally.

Everything works as expected for a while after launching Dorico, but eventually, it appears the lower zone stops reflecting the change to the properties scope. This happens on both of my systems, and only when I use key commands or the jump bar to make the change.

Realize that there are two settings: what Dorico displays, and what it will set.

globalLocal

I’m aware. I’m talking about set local properties, not show.