Problem with microtonal accidentals

Thank’s for the recent update. Today, after the download, I tried to enter microtonal accidentals, but after changing Equal temperament 12-EDO in 24-EDO, when I select a microtonal accidentals, or a note, or the key signature, it automatically returns to 12-EDO. This is the problem. Any suggestions? Is this a bug?
The other question is this: When the sounds are loaded for an instrument, the HAlion Sonic SE window opens, but unlike before it appears in a very small format, with practically unreadable characters. The resolution of my screen is 3840x2160, but before the window was bigger.
Finally I wanted to know if in the future it will be possible to copy the automation of an instrument and apply it to another, or set the same automation for an ensemble, or a group of instruments.
Thanks so far for the answers.

See https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=138839

It’s not a bug, you’re doing it wrong :wink:

I’m not the right person for Halion problems; sorry!

Leo’s right on the money with the key signature business. I’m afraid the issue with HALion Sonic SE is that HSSE3 is not yet high-DPI capable. The HALion team are working on an update that will resolve this issue, and we expect it to be available later this year.

Thanks for the answers and the solution. If it is possible it would be good to have some more illustrative tutorial, at least for those aspects of Dorico 2 still unexplored, like the difference of the automations (from CC0 up to CC126). I do not think there is anything in the manual. Thanks again.

A whole new series of 20 videos exploring more of Dorico 2’s features in-depth will be published on the YouTube channel in the coming two or three weeks, so I advise you to subscribe to the channel and click the little bell icon to be notified when a new video is published. Our documentation writer Lillie is working on bringing the online documentation in line with the program as quickly as possible, but in the meantime don’t forget also that there is detailed documentation (in the order of around 50 pages) in the Version History PDF.

Very well, I await the videos you post on the web. Thank you

Theoretical question: why would music containing microtones have to be atonal by definition? I can easily think of western or non-western tonal music (i.e. built on a scale or mode with a fixed set of accidentals in the preamble at the beginning of each staff), using microtones as well. I could also think of notating certain fixed microtones in the tonality itself, to indicate e.g. the consistent use of certain natural harmonics.

I believe you can use ANY key signature, whether a pre-existing one or a weird one you make yourself. The point is that the 24-EDO tonality is attached to a key signature, so without inputting a key signature of some sort, Dorico will believe you want to be in 12-EDO.

Thanks Leo, I must confess I didn’t try this myself. I got the impression atonality was a prerequisite for microtones. I’m glad it isn’t.

Nope, you can build whatever wacky key signatures you like