Problem with pinch

I have a problem when I pinch. When playing, you can hear the previous recording with the new one at the same time. I don’t know if it’s my or the program’s problem. Thank you

Hi there,
when you have recorded a track, you can still record over it, but in doing so, both recordings will be present but displayed separately, so is it possible you you have not erased the previous recording.:thinking:

So is it a problem with the program? The logical thing would be that only the last recording was heard, and then I decide if I delete one or the other. Anyway, thank you for answering. I have also commented on this problem in the AppStore.

Hi Conquintum,
If there was an option for OVERWRITE/KEEP ORIGINAL like in Cubase, then I would agree this was a fault. It could be argued that recording Midi whilst keeping the original is a good thing if you want to overdub.
I am a bit confused to your meaning of :
“I have a problem when I pinch.“

For example, I record a track and there is a piece that I have to repeat because it turned out bad, so I’m back to record on top of that piece and when I play you can hear the new recording along with the one underneath, that is, the old one. It’s something very basic of any Daw.

Are you discussing audio recording using punch-in/punch-out🤔

Yes, exactly. Then when playing, the two recordings are heard, old and new.

I wonder how many audioclips you can stack on top of eachother :thinking:

I have just found this information for you that was posted by Lars in the forum back in 2020.

• Make sure “Play audio tracks while recording” option is disabled in “Setup/Audio”
  • Tap “tempo display” and enable “Punch in” and “Punch Out” in “Recording Mode”

Results

• Punch I/O enabled: Audio gets muted on selected track, when cursor passes L/R locator section during recording
  • Punch I/O disabled: Audio is muted on selected track during recording

Uploaded two example clips (DL expires after a few days): https://we.tl/t-gmcQ5lRksl

Good luck :crossed_fingers:
Regards, Mike

Hi CJ,
I thought you were joking so I just had to check it out, well, the answer is as many clips as you want but watch your ears in doing so :boom::face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you Mike for the information. I am very grateful to you. I will try it and keep you informed.

Good morning Conquintum,
You are very welcome, and yes I wound be interested in your results :wink:
Regards, Mike

HI @Conquintum,

Cubasis allows to playback several audio events which are placed onto each other on the same track, similar to a looper.

Best,
Lars

I’m sorry to tell you that this tutorial you sent me works, but not for the problem I have, which I think is a program error. I’m using Cubasis 3.5 for IOS. When I record on a track already recorded, when playing, you can hear the two layers, the old recording and the new one on top. This causes me the job of deleting the bottom layer so that it is not heard. I have used Audio evolution from Android and this problem does not exist. Thank you anyway for your work.

I’m sorry to tell you that this tutorial you sent me works, but not for the problem I have, which I think is a program error. I’m using Cubasis 3.5 for IOS. When I record on a track already recorded, when playing, you can hear the two layers, the old recording and the new one on top. This causes me the job of deleting the bottom layer so that it is not heard. I have used Audio evolution from Android and this problem does not exist. Thank you anyway for your work.

Is there a way that only the last event is heard and not the previous ones as well? It would be of great help to me

Hi @Conquintum,

Is there a way that only the last event is heard and not the previous ones as well? It would be of great help to me

Please give the “Play Audio Tracks While Recording” option (located under "Setup/Audio) a try, to see if it is of help for you.

Best,
Lars

I have already tried this option, activated and deactivated and it does not solve the problem. If you record more than once on the same track, all the layers that have been recorded are heard when playing.

Hi @Conquintum,

Suggesting that you use a muted track in this case, next to a second track to play back your recorded tracks take by take (via drag & drop).

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Yes, that trick may work, but this is a mistake that I hope will be solved in the future. Thank you for your interest, Lars. Greetings from Spain.