Your help please.
I did a search for this before I posted but nothing relevant came back.
I can’t get Waves Vocal Rider to write automation data. I have followed the instruction from the Waves manual to the best of my ability but to no avail. I guess I’m doing something wrong in Cubase. However, all looks good though and the Vocal Rider (VR) is functional and responsive. In fact it seems to be working correctly but just not writing the automation data – anywhere!
Let me explain what I have done:
- I have the VR on an insert as the last plug-in on the vocal track (No.6 in this case)
Made a Group Channel Track
- From all my instrument Stems, on the Send, I routed each of these stems to this Group Channel Track. This is Post fader routing right?
- Activated the side-chain on my VR
- Back on my Group Channel Track, on the Send, I connected to the Side-Chain on the VR
- Played my track and can see and hear the VR working.
- Armed my vocal channel for Write automation (R and W lit)
- Clicked on the Write button on the VR
Pressed play and… nothing! No automation data, I can see and hear that the VR is working.
I’m positive I’ve missed a step but can’t see what…
Any help welcome!