Problems launching Dorico 5 on Windows

Thanks Ulf. Yes sounds like a tough one - but happy here to persevere on it - and i always learn new things in these situations.
I also have a new Windows 11 workstation turning up in a week or so - so kind of hoping that does not throw up the same kind of problem with Dorico 5. Thanks againšŸ‘

1 Like

This time I didnā€™t reboot, and it worked fine. In the past there would often be missing fonts if you didnā€™t reboot but seems not to be the case this time.

We are hopeful that the problem with missing fonts on Windows is fixed in Dorico 5 - there was a specific installer issue which we fixed that could have caused problems with font installation on machines that also had a previous Dorico version installed.

Hi @nomisllewdor and @juergenkok ,

we need some system information about you, therefore please do :

• press the Windows key and type the three letters cmd and the return/enter key
  • In the upcoming window typ dxdiag and return/enter again.
  • wait a few seconds until the DirectXDiagnosticsTool is showing
  • in that window click on the ā€˜Save All Informationā€™ button and save the file to disk.
  • Zip that resulting file and upload to here.

Thank you very much
Ulf

There you go
DxDiag.zip (13.8 KB)

Hi @Ulf, here is my system information. Iā€™m so glad, that youā€™re working on the solution!
DxDiag.zip (17.8 KB)

Thanks very much guys.

Yep seconded Ulf. You haved helped me with info and solutions on a number of occasions and your help is much valued - as is the help the rest of the Dorico team provides. This is a great forum.

1 Like

Hi @nomisllewdor and @juergenkok,
I have good and bad news for you. We now know the cause of the crash, you have processors that donā€™t support a certain instruction set which our software expects to always be there.
We even also know how we could fix this, but we then need to make a hotfix release, but all this is not done in 5 minutes, so you have to wait a little bit, or I will see if I can get you an unofficial audio engine that you can try with. Anyway, a solution will come sooner or later.

Wow thanks Ulf. That sounds hopeful. My new computer when it comes will have the latest i9 in it anyway. The present problem one has an i7 980 6 core as the diagnostics would have told you and is certainly c. 2011. Curious that Nuendo 12 and Dorico 4 work OK but of course they are on an earlier generation of the audio engine.

Look forward to your efforts with the engine anyway and great to have your help.

1 Like

Same problem with me, Dorico5 hangs wirth ā€œaudio engine diedā€ but on the same machine Dorico4 starts without problems.
So I hope the hotfix will solve the problem too, in the meantime I will further work with Dorico4

Looking forward and thanks
Karl

1 Like

Hi @kegelse , welcome to the forum.

In order to make sure that you have the same problem. Please go to your Documents directory and in there to Steinberg/CrashDumps. Everything you find there please zip up and send me. Thanks

Since the upgrade to D5, No sound with my Fireface 800 (Rme asio driver).
With D4, no problem !
Very Strange !
Thanks for you helpā€¦
David

It seems that RME released some driver updates this week, @Davvv. Have you checked that youā€™re fully up-to-date?

Hey,

Yes, i have the last driver.
No new drivers for Fireface 800 since 2019ā€¦ all is ok with D4, Cubase etcā€¦
But no sound with D5ā€¦
I have try differents tests : changing sample Rate, output etcā€¦ nothingā€¦ no sound !!grr

Can you please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file here?

Hi Ulf,
DoricoLogs.zip (5.7 KB)

in Documente/Steinberg is no folder CrashDumps, the only folder there is GrooveAgentSE.
But I found in User.ā€¦/AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Dorico5 some ā€œapplication logsā€ wich may be useful. I ziped one and also one from Dorico4. Maybe this cn help.

Hi, thanks very much @kegelse , but could you please also have a look at AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Dorico 5 AudioEngine_64? Zip up that whole folder please with everything in there. Thanks

1 Like

I forgot to say, my audio hardware is a Steinberg UR44 with Yamaha Driver ā€œYBUSB_V215_Winā€

Here it is.
Dorico 5 AudioEngine_64.zip (21.8 KB)