Problems: using jBridge w/ Waves 7 plugs under 64bit C5!

Hi, all. I hope you can help me on this one.

I bought this jBridge application for having the Waves 7 Complete bundle run under 64-bit Cubase 5 (Win 7 64-bit) but I’m having some major problems.

Under 32-bit Cubase no probs at all but this is what I tried with 64-bit Cubase, which is now only missing the Waves 7 bundle and would like to fully utilize the x64 Cubase 5 and forget about this obsolete 32-bit world once and for all:

1. Installed jBridge
  2. Installed Waves 7 with the default settings
  3. Started jBridge and had it to modify the plug-ins under the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins
  4. Pointed jBridge to save the modified plugins under folder “D:\VST Plugins jBridge”
  5. Started Cubase 5.5.2 64-bit and clicked: Devices > Plug-in Information
  6. Clicked VST 2.x Plug-Ins Paths and added the mentioned folder “D:\VST Plugins jBridge” to the plug-ins folders’ paths.
  7. Clicked Update and got the following errors:

“Can’t run because WavesLib 7.1.dll is missing from your computer” or something like that.

Then had another error just after clicking OK to the previous error:
“Couldn’t load library C:\program files (x86)\Waves\Plug-ins****.dll” (Error 126) etc. etc.”

(So it doesn’t even seem to try to initialize the pluging from the path “D:\VST Plugins jBridge” as I expected. Why is that?)

Then I copied the WavesLib 7.1.dll into the “D:\VST Plugins jBridge” folder but it didn’t help obviously…

I know that WaveShell*.* and WaveLib*.dll -files might have something to do with this problem also, but don’t have a slightest clue on whether or not I should jBridge also those or not – and if I have to jBridge also those DLL’s then in what folder should I copy them to?

So do you have any idea on how should I use the jBridged plugin DLL’s? Meaning where to copy them? Do I have to jBridge also Waveshell.dll’s + wavelib.dll’s and where should I copy the output?
And how should I proceed with the Waves 7 VST3 plugins since I want to use them too? And for a reminder: 32-bit Cubase 5.5.2 works fine but it’s the 64-bit Cubase that I have problems with!

This really p****s me off for not knowing the procedure. I hope you could help.
Thanks anyway for reading through, I’ll try to get along with the possibly lost 15 euros having no income at all.

Thank God for this forum. And Cubase rules!

Try reinstalling waves including any wave install option paths to your x86\Steinberg\Cubase 5\VSTPluings folder and bridge them from there…all should work ok.

Personally I use jBridge…for the money it works and great prompt support from J’@jBridge, worth every penny.

I have exactly the same problem. I did reinstall waves, but it does not work. What can I do? (I use Waves 8V7)