I’ve loaded the new Steinberg USB Driver (2.0.2) on my Mac(OSX 10.15.1) and use the Yamaha MOXF for the sound card.
When the new driver is installed:
- The MOXF Editor works
- When in my DAW (Cubase 10.5), only MIDI communicates with the MOXF. No audio or even MIDI to VST instruments works
- One VST (EZDrummer) indicates “Audio engine inactive”
- No audio can be played from any application
- The Cubase>Studio Setup>VST Audio System>Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF8>Control Panel>CoreAudio Device Settings displays Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF8
- There is no longer an icon for the driver at the bottom of the Mac’s System Preferences window
When the new driver is uninstalled:
- The MOXF Editor does not work
- All sound and MIDI work in Cubase
- All audio works across multiple applications
- The Cubase>Studio Setup>VST Audio System>Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF8>Control Panel>CoreAudio Device Settings still displays Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF8 (see attached pic)
- Still no driver listed at the bottom of the Mac’s System Preferences window
- There are crackles and dropouts and Cubase’s Audio Performance monitor (F12) reports an excessive amount of load
How is it that everything works after the driver is uninstalled, albeit with poor performance? Is the uninstall function that comes with the driver not actually uninstalling it? If it is actually being uninstalled, what is being used as a functioning driver? Is there a place I can go to confirm what version of the driver is being used.
Any strategies for identifying and resolving this issue would be welcomed. This has me thoroughly confused.