Problems with Cubase 8.5, on Win 10 HP Omen laptop and Babyface pro

Hi everybody!

I just bought a new Babyface pro and a new HP Omen Laptop 17, to use with my Cubase pro 8.5.

Laptop characteristics : I7 8750H 2.2Ghz 6 core(Turbo boost 4.1Ghz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB, 16Gb DDR4 2666, SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500Gb, HDD 1Tb 7200, Win 10 Home.

The problem is that when I open the VST performance in Cubase 8.5 with 128 Buffer setting and NO TRACKS ADDED AT ALL(no plugins, nothing), I get the real time meter going to 100%(red) every 2-3 seconds, causing clicks and pops!!!

I have “Activate multi-processing” and “ASIO Guard” on, set on High.
If I deactivate multi-processing things are better, but then I don’t have much power and both indicators show around 20% with no tracks and no plugins added.

I’ve selected the “High performance” profile on Windows and I also tested the “Activate Steinberg Audio Power Scheme”, but nothing solved the problem.

I also tried tweeking some suggested things from music production forums and youtube, with no luck.

I tried the “Latencymon” program and run a test.The results were saying :
" Your system seems to be having difficulty handling real-time audio and other tasks. You may experience drop outs, clicks or pops due to buffer underruns. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates. "

BIOS is up to date.
That’s all I can say.

Just out of curiosity, I installed the Babyface pro and Cubase 8.5 on an older 2011 laptop with I5 2core processor, 4 Gb Ram and Windows 7 and there was no such problem!!!

Could you please help?

Thanks!