Problems with MIDI interface

I’m new here, so please pardon me if this is posted in the wrong place. However, here is my problem.

I’m having trouble with recording drums (Roland TD 6-V) in Cubase. Usually i plug my drum brain right into my computer with a M-Audio USB Midisport Uno MIDI Interface. Then I set Superior Drummer as the VST plug-in. When i do this, usually i get the sound back to the drum brain, and i can hear both Superior Drummer and the drum sounds from my drum brain in my headset (which in connected to my drum brain).

But now when I do this, the audio from Superior Drummer comes out of the speakers on my computer (or there is no sound at all even though I can clearly see that the computer both records MIDI signals and I can see that it plays the MIDI signals). Sometimes the audio comes out while I am playing and sometimes (even if I click on the drums in Superior) the audio only comes out of the speaker when I play the recorded material.

This problem starter recently. I remember a long time ago this happened, but I do not know how I solved it. If I even did, or it just solved it self. I might add that I have used the Steinberg CI-2 for guitar recording recently, and it was after I first used this the problems occurred.

Sounds like an output routing adjustment. More info is needed. What version of Cubase do you have?

Problem solved. Simply a broken cable. Should have tried that out first, but now all is up and running. :smiley: