Problems with midi playback

Hello Guys, I need help. I have two versions of Cubase installed on my PC; SX and Artist 8. Yesterday Artsit froze (as it had always done) while I was doing bulk dump from my synth (JP8000). Since then the synth has not played back midi. I can record midi messages, I can see the notes, but when I send them back to the synth it does not give sound. I checked the MIDI cable with another synth, it works. I checked the recorded midi messages with vst instriments, they are fine. What can be the problem?

Hi,

Sorry to be old-school… Have you tried to switch the JP8000 Off and On, please?

Hi, of course, that was the first I tried. I also switched off and on my computer. I unplugged the midi cable, then plugged it in again. Also, I tested my midi connection with MIDI-OX software and it didn’t find any problems. So the problem must be between cubase and my Roland synthesizer.

Hi,

Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

1 Like

Hi,
thank you very much it worked in the case of Cubase artist 8 but I couldn’t start SX in safe mode.

Hi,

For Cubase SX, you can delete/rename the preferences folder manually.

I’m sorry but I can’t find that folder.

Hi,

I expect, you are on Windows:
%appData% Steinberg/Cubase SX/

uninstalled Cubase Sx and then reinstalled it, The problem remained :frowning:

Hi,

Have you tried to delete/rename the preferences folder, please?

I don’ t have preferences folder. I have folders called Compiled skins, Panels, Presets and Scripts there. I deleted all of them. Then I restarted SX and the software recreated these folders again, but it did not help.

Hi,

Cubase Preferences folder is:
Win: %appData% Steinberg/Cubase SX/

Delete/rename the Cubase SX folder in this location. If you have multiple folders there, rename/delete them all, please. It is going to be re-created during the next start, but it will be recreated with the default/factory settings.

I’ve already done it, but it didn’t work. :disappointed: