Problems with Reason and Cubase Artist 8

I was wondering if anyone has been able to successfully run Reason 8 with Cubase 8/Artist 8. I asked because I was able to open Reason just fine and then this morning after upgrading to Cubase Artist 8 I can no longer open Reason. This was on Windows 7 64 bit SP1. I’ve done a fresh install of Windows 8.1 since and I have the same problem. Reason just hangs on the splash screen.

So, anyone able to run Reason after upgrading to Cubase 8?

EDIT:
I’ve found that when I launch Reason 8, I get a window that says Generic Low Latency Driver with a progress bar that quickly disappears. Afterwards Reason just hangs and I have to force quit. This never happened in Cubase Artist 7.5.

Reason 8 opens fine for me but the problem I have is when running Reason 8 in Rewire inside Cubase Artist 8. While Cubase is focused the transport runs fine but when Reason is focused the transport and playback stops until I focus on Cubase again?

Hello tonka134,

in the olden days (Cubase 7.5 here) yu just have to disable RELEASE AUDIO DRIVER WHEN IN BACKGROUND, menu Devices - Device Setup - VST Audio System. I guess, that should be it.
For the original poster, check this out, I once got surprised with that…

All the best.